Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Thanks!
Unfortunately, After I run the linkk, and download the driver, it doesn't
install. It gets to the Officejet essentials screen, I click the "Install"
link, but nothing happens. Any thoughts? (It does check and detect the
printer, though)
> Here it is:
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=60036&lang=en&cc=us&os=228
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
>> Anyone have any hints about making this work with XP?

Try again, follow all instructions very carefully.
Otherwise you may need to contact HP support?

--

> Thanks!
> Unfortunately, After I run the linkk, and download the driver, it doesn't
> install. It gets to the Officejet essentials screen, I click the "Install"
> link, but nothing happens. Any thoughts? (It does check and detect the
> printer, though)
> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com> wrote in message
>> Here it is:
>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=60036&lang=en&cc=us&os=228
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>>

>> "Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
>>> Anyone have any hints about making this work with XP?

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Bingo! Thank you Jupiter. I think there was a rogue piece of software on the
computer, that did not show up on the desktop, or the program list, but in a
search. It was "T" series software. Removed that, (it took quite awhile)
restarted, down loaded software again, then followed all instructions
carefully. It's now working like a charm. I would like to replace this
parallel port machine, it is quite troublesome by times on the startup etc.,
, but it is a workhorse, prints a lot and is economical, good quality. So,
I've documented this experience, and can move on!