Strange bios message.

Hi there, i've just updated my bios (i've a MS-6547), but now, when i boot
up my system, the bios show this message:

"Waring! Please update your system bios then reset again".

What can it be?
7 answers Last reply
More about strange bios message

    On 4/11/2004 8:20 AM Viola brightened our day with:

    >Hi there, i've just updated my bios (i've a MS-6547), but now, when i boot
    >up my system, the bios show this message:
    >
    >"Waring! Please update your system bios then reset again".
    >
    >What can it be?

    It could be the BIOS got corrupted.
    So flash it again.
    And cross your fingers.

    --
    "Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

    Steve [Inglo]
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "Inglo" <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> ha scritto nel
    messaggio news:Iqfec.35873$QF3.19522@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com...
    > On 4/11/2004 8:20 AM Viola brightened our day with:
    >
    > >Hi there, i've just updated my bios (i've a MS-6547), but now, when i
    boot
    > >up my system, the bios show this message:
    > >
    > >"Waring! Please update your system bios then reset again".
    > >
    > >What can it be?
    > >

    > It could be the BIOS got corrupted.
    > So flash it again.
    > And cross your fingers.

    But it still boot and everything is fine, the system works perfectly!
    (except that message).
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "Viola" <Viola_2003_@libero.it> wrote in message
    > Hi there, i've just updated my bios (i've a MS-6547), but now, when i boot
    > up my system, the bios show this message:
    >
    > "Waring! Please update your system bios then reset again".
    >
    > What can it be?

    corrupt flash ???
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "Chris 159" <temp@cdelectrics.freeserve.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio

    > "Viola" <Viola_2003_@libero.it> wrote in message
    > > Hi there, i've just updated my bios (i've a MS-6547), but now, when i
    boot
    > > up my system, the bios show this message:
    > >
    > > "Waring! Please update your system bios then reset again".
    > >
    > > What can it be?
    > >

    > corrupt flash ???

    But it still boot and everything is fine, the system works perfectly!
    (except that message).
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    On 4/11/2004 11:13 AM Viola brightened our day with:

    >>It could be the BIOS got corrupted.
    >>So flash it again.
    >>And cross your fingers.
    >>

    >But it still boot and everything is fine, the system works perfectly!
    >(except that message).

    Do you know how to clear the CMOS? Try that.

    --
    "Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

    Steve [Inglo]
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Ok...found the problem!!!! but another problem came out...
    (sorry 4 my english...)
    I've done a "Load setup defaults" and the message disappear...but my ide
    add-on card didn't find my hard disks, so i have to disable the integrated
    audiocard (onboard of course) and the card works...but the message "Update
    the bios and reset" pop out again... could not find a way to solve my
    problem :(
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Just jumping in.
    The Bios'ses (mainly Asus) I have experience with like to be set to
    "Bios Default" just before and directly after flashing.
    When finished adjust to personal Bios settings as required.

    --

    Eric P. van Westendorp Tel: +31(0252)210579
    Reigerslaan 22 2215NN Voorhout Netherlands

    Viola wrote:
    > Hi there, i've just updated my bios (i've a MS-6547), but now, when i boot
    > up my system, the bios show this message:
    >
    > "Waring! Please update your system bios then reset again".
    >
    > What can it be?

MSI-Microstar BIOS Motherboards