  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 11, 2004 7:20:31 PM

Hi there, i've just updated my bios (i've a MS-6547), but now, when i boot
up my system, the bios show this message:

"Waring! Please update your system bios then reset again".

What can it be?

More about : strange bios message

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 11, 2004 9:40:56 PM

On 4/11/2004 8:20 AM Viola brightened our day with:

>Hi there, i've just updated my bios (i've a MS-6547), but now, when i boot
>up my system, the bios show this message:
>
>"Waring! Please update your system bios then reset again".
>
>What can it be?

It could be the BIOS got corrupted.
So flash it again.
And cross your fingers.

--
"Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

Steve [Inglo]
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 11, 2004 10:13:19 PM

"Inglo" <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:Iqfec.35873$QF3.19522@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com...
> On 4/11/2004 8:20 AM Viola brightened our day with:
>
> >Hi there, i've just updated my bios (i've a MS-6547), but now, when i
boot
> >up my system, the bios show this message:
> >
> >"Waring! Please update your system bios then reset again".
> >
> >What can it be?
> >

> It could be the BIOS got corrupted.
> So flash it again.
> And cross your fingers.

But it still boot and everything is fine, the system works perfectly!
(except that message).
a b V Motherboard
April 11, 2004 10:14:15 PM

"Viola" <Viola_2003_@libero.it> wrote in message
> Hi there, i've just updated my bios (i've a MS-6547), but now, when i boot
> up my system, the bios show this message:
>
> "Waring! Please update your system bios then reset again".
>
> What can it be?

corrupt flash ???
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 11, 2004 10:14:16 PM

"Chris 159" <temp@cdelectrics.freeserve.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Viola" <Viola_2003_@libero.it> wrote in message
> > Hi there, i've just updated my bios (i've a MS-6547), but now, when i
boot
> > up my system, the bios show this message:
> >
> > "Waring! Please update your system bios then reset again".
> >
> > What can it be?
> >

> corrupt flash ???

But it still boot and everything is fine, the system works perfectly!
(except that message).
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 11, 2004 10:52:07 PM

On 4/11/2004 11:13 AM Viola brightened our day with:

>>It could be the BIOS got corrupted.
>>So flash it again.
>>And cross your fingers.
>>

>But it still boot and everything is fine, the system works perfectly!
>(except that message).

Do you know how to clear the CMOS? Try that.

--
"Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

Steve [Inglo]
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 11, 2004 11:33:03 PM

Ok...found the problem!!!! but another problem came out...
(sorry 4 my english...)
I've done a "Load setup defaults" and the message disappear...but my ide
add-on card didn't find my hard disks, so i have to disable the integrated
audiocard (onboard of course) and the card works...but the message "Update
the bios and reset" pop out again... could not find a way to solve my
problem :(
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 12, 2004 12:26:25 AM

Just jumping in.
The Bios'ses (mainly Asus) I have experience with like to be set to
"Bios Default" just before and directly after flashing.
When finished adjust to personal Bios settings as required.

--

Eric P. van Westendorp Tel: +31(0252)210579
Reigerslaan 22 2215NN Voorhout Netherlands

!