Scanner failure w/SP2

I have this cheap Brother MFC that has ethernet interface (model 3820cn).
It has software to manage its function called Paper Port. It quit working
right when SP2 was installed. They have it listed as a problem on their
website but no plan or expected solution.

I do a lot of scanning and before SP2 I could scan from the MFC right to a
folder I select and format on my PC by pusing a buttton on the MFC. All
that does not work any longer and I have to now scan into Paint for the
paper Port ap on the PC and then do a "save as" in .jpg format. It takes
about 10x as long now...very arduas.

Anyone know of a fix or better workaround?

thanks

With some programs and SP2 the software should be uninstalled,then
reinstalled for it to function.

"jtsnow" <jtsnow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have this cheap Brother MFC that has ethernet interface (model 3820cn).
> It has software to manage its function called Paper Port. It quit working
> right when SP2 was installed. They have it listed as a problem on their
> website but no plan or expected solution.
>
> I do a lot of scanning and before SP2 I could scan from the MFC right to a
> folder I select and format on my PC by pusing a buttton on the MFC. All
> that does not work any longer and I have to now scan into Paint for the
> paper Port ap on the PC and then do a "save as" in .jpg format. It takes
> about 10x as long now...very arduas.
>
> Anyone know of a fix or better workaround?
>
> thanks

If an uninstall and reinstall does not work, your choices are few:
1) roll back to SP1 and do not install SP2 until corrected software is made
available
2) install corrected software
3) replace the software with something that *does* work on SP2.
4) use whatever workarounds are available until corrected software is made
available

Unfortunately, it seems that some software simply does not work properly
with SP2. Your situation is not unique. By all means, keep in contact
with Brother, as they will likely be responsible for fixes. However, if
your hardware is discontinued, chances of updates are low.

HTH
-pk

TRENDING THREADS