Report: Samsung Gets 9 Million Pre-orders for Galaxy SIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkg1

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Korean save from one evil American company at a time. This one probably the worst. Next thing = purchase AMD and use x86 license to destroy Intel too >-) Apple and Intel gone and everything will be free again.

It's good to have a reference product to look up to. Helps the platform grow and gives developers a good performance target. Personally though, I find Samsung phones too expensive and dislike the Iphone-ish design.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
And this from a company that doesn't run like a 'cult', 'lifestyle', 'religion', or any other sick marketing. Just plain fair business, no abuse of customers that were jailed into an ecosystem.

Damn good work folks. :)

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]jdamon113[/nom][removed][/citation]
Though I don't agree with vkg1, South Korea are hardly communist.

AMD being purchased by Samsung would be very interesting indeed, albeit unlikely.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
[citation][nom]vkg1[/nom]Korean save from one evil American company at a time. This one probably the worst. Next thing = purchase AMD and use x86 license to destroy Intel too >-) Apple and Intel gone and everything will be free again.[/citation]

Destroy Intel and get a slower product from AMD, excellent idea. Overall, AMD's quad core CPUs can't even beat a year and a half old i3, it's sad. Also, I'm not an Apple fan but they make a solid product, I don't forsee the GSIII destroying Apple, though I do see it selling very well.

vkg1

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Samsung can do same thing to Intel that it is doing to Apple. Intel is even easier because all that is needed is an x86 license which can be obtained through AMD. The era of these dinosaurs is over.

saturnus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I assume those 100 carriers would be the largest carriers but even if they only get 50% more pre-orders before official launch and thereby goes goes over 13 millions phones on pre-order that will mean that this single model will have more pre-orders than all iPhone models combined.

That's a smack-down of a major kind, and shows that Samsung going away from designing phones to mimick the iPhone to a large extent was the right decision.

ukulele97

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
f[citation][nom]willard[/nom]So much for the iFan argument of ignoring Android market share because no single phone outsells the iPhone.[/citation]
first they laughed, then ignored, then we won...

nuvon

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
iPhoni....sh design? Why don't you just say they copy Apple, like everybody. Please don't start the fight, I didn't use the word "steal" Apple haters, you know what I am talking.

theconsolegamer

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
[citation][nom]nuvon[/nom]iPhoni....sh design? Why don't you just say they copy Apple, like everybody. Please don't start the fight, I didn't use the word "steal" Apple haters, you know what I am talking.[/citation]
You guys never fail to come in to get a beating don't ya?

The whole ALL-STEAL-FROM-APPLE argument has been disprove time and time again but you guys just can't accept it.

halcyon

Splendid
You gals are funny. A lot of hostility and 'Apple is better than Samsung' ,'Samsung is better than Apple'. ...still. They both make good products and there's more than enough consumers for both. What's so wrong with that?

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Just a slightly watered down version of my 5.3 inch galaxy note but with a quad core cpu. None of those pre ordered are from the US I'm sure. Not knowing at all what carrier will have it.[/citation]

you mean besides T mobile and verizon? so far thats what was mentioned in this artical. Could also be sprint if they have started upgradnig to LTE already.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]vkg1[/nom]Samsung can do same thing to Intel that it is doing to Apple. Intel is even easier because all that is needed is an x86 license which can be obtained through AMD. The era of these dinosaurs is over.[/citation]
Yeah. Right. Send me a PM when that happens.

vkg1

Honorable
May 18, 2012
I don't understand this kind of ignorance. Why not? Why can't Samsung do the same thing to Intel and any other american "tech" companies that it has done to Apple? If all you have are criticism of other people's opinions, but nothing of actual value, then why bother to even write?

The East is the future. Clever next-generation Westerners buy Eastern technology and Easterners buy Eastern technology. Only the old sheep are left buying Western, and they will eventually learn the new way. Western technology was temporary from the space-race and the cold war and now those are history.

The way Samsung destroys Apple is the future of all these companies.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Dont think this poses a threat to Apple. Apple is about blind faith, not facts. Just hope the iHerd never embraces Samsung--its nice containing that locust in the ship to hell.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]vkg1[/nom]I don't understand this kind of ignorance. Why not? Why can't Samsung do the same thing to Intel and any other american "tech" companies that it has done to Apple? If all you have are criticism of other people's opinions, but nothing of actual value, then why bother to even write?The East is the future. Clever next-generation Westerners buy Eastern technology and Easterners buy Eastern technology. Only the old sheep are left buying Western, and they will eventually learn the new way. Western technology was temporary from the space-race and the cold war and now those are history.The way Samsung destroys Apple is the future of all these companies.[/citation]
Dude. For one i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. If you're not, then...dude I'm Asian too, if what you're saying would have been of merit then I'd be popping champagne right now.

Agreed, a lot of Asians work in western tech companies, and Samsung is pretty big. But it's not a match for Intel.

Besides, it not in the same market. Samsung makes ARM based SoCs and processors, memory, displays and consumer electronics. Intel makes x86 based CPUs, is now in the SoC market, but it's mainly in embedded systems.

Plus intel's not going to license x86 to sammy for free. Did intel give nvidia it's fabs? no. Intel's not dumb.

And whatever thing you have about western and eastern, fact remains that today all these companies are multinationals.

vkg1

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Intel is not that important anyway in long run because they are getting killed by everyone including Samsung already due to takeover of phones and tablets. But Samsung could easily buy AMD. If they buy AMD then they have x86 license. Get it? It would be a faster way of achieving the inevitable. The other way is just to wait for x86 to die. But it may be more profitable to buy AMD to reap the fruit of server and workstation sales while they still use x86. The graphics "technology" (really just patent evilness) would possibly be worth it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.