Has MSI quality improved ( 2 bad boards )

Anyone care to comment on their experiences with MSI product quality? I ask
because I purchased an MSI 815E Pro board a couple of years ago and shortly
after getting it the board died. Because the retailer at which I purchased
the board was not willing to honor his 1 year warranty and I needed the
system back up quickly I replaced this board with an Asus TUSL2-C.
I placed the MSI board in its box in the closet and (literally) forgot about
it until I was cleaning the closet a few months ago.
Figured before I just trashed it that I had nothing to lose in contacting
MSI for an RMA and they agreed to replace the board. I sent it in and my
replacement was shipped back and placed in the closet until two weeks ago
when I decided to build an additional system to use as a Linux Box. After 2
weeks guess what.....the 815E Pro dies again.

Now I am sitting here with a Celeron 600 that I need to replace a board for
(again). Is this common MSI quality or was the 815E just a problem board? I
really do not want to purchase an MSI product is this is what I can expect.

PC Medic
2 answers Last reply
More about quality improved boards

    PC Medic wrote:
    > Anyone care to comment on their experiences with MSI product quality?
    > I ask because I purchased an MSI 815E Pro board a couple of years ago
    > and shortly after getting it the board died. Because the retailer at
    > which I purchased the board was not willing to honor his 1 year
    > warranty and I needed the system back up quickly I replaced this
    > board with an Asus TUSL2-C.
    > I placed the MSI board in its box in the closet and (literally)
    > forgot about it until I was cleaning the closet a few months ago.
    > Figured before I just trashed it that I had nothing to lose in
    > contacting MSI for an RMA and they agreed to replace the board. I
    > sent it in and my replacement was shipped back and placed in the
    > closet until two weeks ago when I decided to build an additional
    > system to use as a Linux Box. After 2 weeks guess what.....the 815E
    > Pro dies again.
    >
    > Now I am sitting here with a Celeron 600 that I need to replace a
    > board for (again). Is this common MSI quality or was the 815E just a
    > problem board? I really do not want to purchase an MSI product is
    > this is what I can expect.
    >
    > PC Medic

    The one you received from RMA was most likely a refurb also. Looks like
    just a little bad luck is all.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    I sell MSI on a daily bases, mostly the 865PE Neo series and have had a very low return rate, impressed me enough that I bought one
    to upgrade my own system.

    "PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message news:i%kec.4418$iE.2145@okepread04...
    > Anyone care to comment on their experiences with MSI product quality? I ask
    > because I purchased an MSI 815E Pro board a couple of years ago and shortly
    > after getting it the board died. Because the retailer at which I purchased
    > the board was not willing to honor his 1 year warranty and I needed the
    > system back up quickly I replaced this board with an Asus TUSL2-C.
    > I placed the MSI board in its box in the closet and (literally) forgot about
    > it until I was cleaning the closet a few months ago.
    > Figured before I just trashed it that I had nothing to lose in contacting
    > MSI for an RMA and they agreed to replace the board. I sent it in and my
    > replacement was shipped back and placed in the closet until two weeks ago
    > when I decided to build an additional system to use as a Linux Box. After 2
    > weeks guess what.....the 815E Pro dies again.
    >
    > Now I am sitting here with a Celeron 600 that I need to replace a board for
    > (again). Is this common MSI quality or was the 815E just a problem board? I
    > really do not want to purchase an MSI product is this is what I can expect.
    >
    > PC Medic

MSI-Microstar Motherboards