Has MSI quality improved ( 2 bad boards )

Anyone care to comment on their experiences with MSI product quality? I ask
because I purchased an MSI 815E Pro board a couple of years ago and shortly
after getting it the board died. Because the retailer at which I purchased
the board was not willing to honor his 1 year warranty and I needed the
system back up quickly I replaced this board with an Asus TUSL2-C.
I placed the MSI board in its box in the closet and (literally) forgot about
it until I was cleaning the closet a few months ago.
Figured before I just trashed it that I had nothing to lose in contacting
MSI for an RMA and they agreed to replace the board. I sent it in and my
replacement was shipped back and placed in the closet until two weeks ago
when I decided to build an additional system to use as a Linux Box. After 2
weeks guess what.....the 815E Pro dies again.

Now I am sitting here with a Celeron 600 that I need to replace a board for
(again). Is this common MSI quality or was the 815E just a problem board? I
really do not want to purchase an MSI product is this is what I can expect.

PC Medic

PC Medic wrote:
> Anyone care to comment on their experiences with MSI product quality?
> I ask because I purchased an MSI 815E Pro board a couple of years ago
> and shortly after getting it the board died. Because the retailer at
> which I purchased the board was not willing to honor his 1 year
> warranty and I needed the system back up quickly I replaced this
> board with an Asus TUSL2-C.
> I placed the MSI board in its box in the closet and (literally)
> forgot about it until I was cleaning the closet a few months ago.
> Figured before I just trashed it that I had nothing to lose in
> contacting MSI for an RMA and they agreed to replace the board. I
> sent it in and my replacement was shipped back and placed in the
> closet until two weeks ago when I decided to build an additional
> system to use as a Linux Box. After 2 weeks guess what.....the 815E
> Pro dies again.
>
> Now I am sitting here with a Celeron 600 that I need to replace a
> board for (again). Is this common MSI quality or was the 815E just a
> problem board? I really do not want to purchase an MSI product is
> this is what I can expect.
>
> PC Medic

The one you received from RMA was most likely a refurb also. Looks like
just a little bad luck is all.

I sell MSI on a daily bases, mostly the 865PE Neo series and have had a very low return rate, impressed me enough that I bought one
to upgrade my own system.