Bluetooth Windows XP Driver - using two radios

Hello, perhaps this is the wrong group, but I suppose someone in this
group could be experienced with my problem.

I use the windows xp (service pack 2) native driver for bluetooth (not
the widcom). Now I try to connect two bluetooth dongles of the same
type (acer BT 700, Class 1, usb) to one computer. If I plug in the
first one, the adapter works fine. If I connect the second BT dongle I
get an error (the device manager shows error 10). But both dongles work
in a single configuration.

How can I avoid this problem? The windows xp platform API has a
instruction "BluetoothFindFirstRadio" and "BluetoothFindNextRadio". I
guess this is for more radios, but how can I operate with them?

Does anyone have experience to write a filter driver for such a problem
or something like that?

Thank you!

Erik
1 answer Last reply
More about bluetooth windows driver radios

    The Windows XP Bluetooth implementation currently only supports one
    Bluetooth radio plugged in at a time. This is why the 2nd radio shows up as
    code 10.

    Sandy Spinrad
    Developer, Windows Core Bluetooth
    ------------------------------------

    "erikdd" <zsz@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > Hello, perhaps this is the wrong group, but I suppose someone in this
    > group could be experienced with my problem.
    >

    > I use the windows xp (service pack 2) native driver for bluetooth (not
    > the widcom). Now I try to connect two bluetooth dongles of the same
    > type (acer BT 700, Class 1, usb) to one computer. If I plug in the
    > first one, the adapter works fine. If I connect the second BT dongle I
    > get an error (the device manager shows error 10). But both dongles work
    > in a single configuration.
    >

    > How can I avoid this problem? The windows xp platform API has a
    > instruction "BluetoothFindFirstRadio" and "BluetoothFindNextRadio". I
    > guess this is for more radios, but how can I operate with them?
    >

    > Does anyone have experience to write a filter driver for such a problem
    > or something like that?
    >

    > Thank you!
    >

    > Erik

Windows XP Bluetooth