K7N2-Delta L, latest BIOS

System seems to run significantly faster after flashing to BIOS ver 5.7.

Running 768MB of 333mhz in Dual Mode.

Anybody else see this?

hg

"Frank Jelenko" <jelenko2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> System seems to run significantly faster after flashing to BIOS ver 5.7.
>
> Running 768MB of 333mhz in Dual Mode.
>
> Anybody else see this?

Have you run any benchmarks?

"Frank Jelenko" <jelenko2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> System seems to run significantly faster after flashing to BIOS ver 5.7.
>
> Running 768MB of 333mhz in Dual Mode.
>
> Anybody else see this?

latest bios ver 5.7 ???? i flashed mine to ver 6.00PG last year

In article <c5p46f$vch$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>,
temp@cdelectrics.freeserve.co.uk says...

> "Frank Jelenko" <jelenko2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > System seems to run significantly faster after flashing to BIOS ver 5.7.
> >
> > Running 768MB of 333mhz in Dual Mode.
> >
> > Anybody else see this?
> >

> latest bios ver 5.7 ???? i flashed mine to ver 6.00PG last year

v. 5.7 273 kb AMD Award BIOS 4/6/2004

1. This is Award BIOS release.
2. This BIOS fixes the following problems of the previous version:
- Adds for Support Write ROMSIP use 4K in 2M/16,8,8,32 ROM.
- Adds for Support Write ROMSIP use 4K in 4M/64K ROM.
- Reduces much time to update ROMSIP with 4M flash bios.
- Verifies flash data after romsip update and will update data again if
flash data error occurs
Note: This BIOS cannot be used on K7N2 Delta-ILSR(MS-6570-030).

Does this help?

--
d{ò_ò}b PK

"The computer can't tell you the emotional story.
It can give you the exact mathematical design,
but what's missing is the eyebrows."

"Pun Krocker" <pun_krocker-NOSPAM-@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <c5p46f$vch$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>,
> temp@cdelectrics.freeserve.co.uk says...
> >
> > "Frank Jelenko" <jelenko2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > System seems to run significantly faster after flashing to BIOS ver
5.7.

> > > Running 768MB of 333mhz in Dual Mode.
> > >
> > > Anybody else see this?
> > >

> > latest bios ver 5.7 ???? i flashed mine to ver 6.00PG last year
>
> v. 5.7 273 kb AMD Award BIOS 4/6/2004
>
> 1. This is Award BIOS release.
> 2. This BIOS fixes the following problems of the previous version:
> - Adds for Support Write ROMSIP use 4K in 2M/16,8,8,32 ROM.
> - Adds for Support Write ROMSIP use 4K in 4M/64K ROM.
> - Reduces much time to update ROMSIP with 4M flash bios.
> - Verifies flash data after romsip update and will update data again if
> flash data error occurs
> Note: This BIOS cannot be used on K7N2 Delta-ILSR(MS-6570-030).
>
> Does this help?

it doesnt make sense really.

BIOS Properties
BIOS Type Award
Award BIOS Type Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
Award BIOS Message W6570MS V5.6 110703 10:38:29
System BIOS Date 11/07/03
BIOS Manufacturer
Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
Product Information http://www.phoenix.com/en/products/default.htm

On 4/16/2004 11:15 AM Chris 159 brightened our day with:

>"Pun Krocker" <pun_krocker-NOSPAM-@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>In article <c5p46f$vch$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>,
>>temp@cdelectrics.freeserve.co.uk says...
>>

>>>"Frank Jelenko" <jelenko2@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>5.7.

>>>latest bios ver 5.7 ???? i flashed mine to ver 6.00PG last year
>>>

>>v. 5.7 273 kb AMD Award BIOS 4/6/2004
>>
>>1. This is Award BIOS release.
>>2. This BIOS fixes the following problems of the previous version:
>>- Adds for Support Write ROMSIP use 4K in 2M/16,8,8,32 ROM.
>>- Adds for Support Write ROMSIP use 4K in 4M/64K ROM.
>>- Reduces much time to update ROMSIP with 4M flash bios.
>>- Verifies flash data after romsip update and will update data again if
>>flash data error occurs
>>Note: This BIOS cannot be used on K7N2 Delta-ILSR(MS-6570-030).
>>
>>Does this help?
>>

>it doesnt make sense really.
>

>BIOS Properties
>BIOS Type Award
>Award BIOS Type Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
>Award BIOS Message W6570MS V5.6 110703 10:38:29
>System BIOS Date 11/07/03
>BIOS Manufacturer
>Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
>Product Information http://www.phoenix.com/en/products/default.htm

Yes it does, that 6.00 is the Phoenix-Award type of BIOS, I have 6.00
though my BIOS version is 3.9. If you flash from 5.6 to 5.7 you'll
still have Phoenix-Award type 6.00.

--
"Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

Steve [Inglo]

"Inglo" <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote in message
> On 4/16/2004 11:15 AM Chris 159 brightened our day with:
>
> >"Pun Krocker" <pun_krocker-NOSPAM-@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >

> >>In article <c5p46f$vch$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>,
> >>temp@cdelectrics.freeserve.co.uk says...

> >5.7.

> >>v. 5.7 273 kb AMD Award BIOS 4/6/2004
> >>
> >>1. This is Award BIOS release.
> >>2. This BIOS fixes the following problems of the previous version:
> >>- Adds for Support Write ROMSIP use 4K in 2M/16,8,8,32 ROM.
> >>- Adds for Support Write ROMSIP use 4K in 4M/64K ROM.
> >>- Reduces much time to update ROMSIP with 4M flash bios.
> >>- Verifies flash data after romsip update and will update data again if
> >>flash data error occurs
> >>Note: This BIOS cannot be used on K7N2 Delta-ILSR(MS-6570-030).
> >>
> >>Does this help?
> >>

> >it doesnt make sense really.
> >

> >BIOS Properties
> >BIOS Type Award
> >Award BIOS Type Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
> >Award BIOS Message W6570MS V5.6 110703 10:38:29
> >System BIOS Date 11/07/03
> >BIOS Manufacturer
> >Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
> >Product Information http://www.phoenix.com/en/products/default.htm
> >

> Yes it does, that 6.00 is the Phoenix-Award type of BIOS, I have 6.00
> though my BIOS version is 3.9. If you flash from 5.6 to 5.7 you'll
> still have Phoenix-Award type 6.00.
>
> --
> "Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James
>
> Steve [Inglo]

Which begs the question, how many people have flashed their BIOS over and
over because the version didn't change? Lol...

"Frank Jelenko" <jelenko2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> System seems to run significantly faster after flashing to BIOS ver 5.7.
>
> Running 768MB of 333mhz in Dual Mode.
>
> Anybody else see this?

I don't know about faster, but it sure settled down the boot probs I was
having. Damn thing wouldn't start up right after flashing to 5.6, then I
went to 5.7 and Walla! All is well in the universe.

"hg" <hgfh@hfhf.htdgh> wrote in message

> "Frank Jelenko" <jelenko2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> System seems to run significantly faster after flashing to BIOS ver 5.7.
>>
>> Running 768MB of 333mhz in Dual Mode.
>>
>> Anybody else see this?
>>

> Have you run any benchmarks?

No. Just subjective.

> 1. This is Award BIOS release.
> 2. This BIOS fixes the following problems of the previous version:
> - Adds for Support Write ROMSIP use 4K in 2M/16,8,8,32 ROM.
> - Adds for Support Write ROMSIP use 4K in 4M/64K ROM.
> - Reduces much time to update ROMSIP with 4M flash bios.
> - Verifies flash data after romsip update and will update data again if
> flash data error occurs
> Note: This BIOS cannot be used on K7N2 Delta-ILSR(MS-6570-030).
>
> Does this help?

I saw this. I thought it also said it modified timing for DR400.

Is it right that all the things about ROMSIP only affect flashing the BIOS?

> --
> d{ò_ò}b PK
>
> "The computer can't tell you the emotional story.
> It can give you the exact mathematical design,
> but what's missing is the eyebrows."

JB

Sorry to be a tool. . . but what is the benefit to flashing your BIOS? I
have the K7N2-L Delta, and have had no problems with it from day one, minus
a sound issue which I blame on my low Power Supply. So what's the point??

JB

JB wrote:
> Sorry to be a tool. . . but what is the benefit to flashing your
> BIOS? I have the K7N2-L Delta, and have had no problems with it from
> day one, minus a sound issue which I blame on my low Power Supply.
> So what's the point??
>
> JB

Well, for starters, look at the post above.

Shannon

On 4/19/2004 7:45 AM JB brightened our day with:

>Sorry to be a tool. . . but what is the benefit to flashing your BIOS? I
>have the K7N2-L Delta, and have had no problems with it from day one, minus
>a sound issue which I blame on my low Power Supply. So what's the point??
>
>JB

If everything's working the way its supposed to then there's no reason.
If your RAM won't work and a BIOS update will fix it, then do it.
I'm sort of a guy who updates just for the hell of it, but even I
avoided the latest BIOS for my board 'cause it really does nothing (its
designed to fix the video bios on boards with IGPs, which mine doesn't
have.)