DvD changes to cd rom(raw)

January 24, 2005 9:27:04 AM

Help,
First, I'm running WinXP pro, 1 gb memory, Asus K8V deluxe motherboard AMD
64, 2 internal hard drives( 200 & 100Gig) and 1 external 250Gig drive. When I
click on My Computer the drives show dvd-rw and dvd/cd-rw but when I insert
a dvd, the drive changes to cd rom and will not play, record or give me any
information. I even went out and bought a new dvd burner but same problem. My
computer also stop recognizing my Sony 300 cd digital camera when I use the
usb connection. These drives have been working fine until recently. I did
upgrade to sp2, McAfee virus scan 9 and McAfee firewall but everything seemed
to be fine until recently. I've wasted about 10 blank dvd's and am running
out of blanks. I've been using Nero to burn and InterVideo WinDVD 4 to play
DVDs.
Thanks, chas638

More about : dvd rom raw

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 11:54:45 AM

You might find something in here that is useful.

http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm

r.

"chas638" <chas638@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help,
> First, I'm running WinXP pro, 1 gb memory, Asus K8V deluxe motherboard AMD
> 64, 2 internal hard drives( 200 & 100Gig) and 1 external 250Gig drive.
> When I
> click on My Computer the drives show dvd-rw and dvd/cd-rw but when I
> insert
> a dvd, the drive changes to cd rom and will not play, record or give me
> any
> information. I even went out and bought a new dvd burner but same problem.
> My
> computer also stop recognizing my Sony 300 cd digital camera when I use
> the
> usb connection. These drives have been working fine until recently. I did
> upgrade to sp2, McAfee virus scan 9 and McAfee firewall but everything
> seemed
> to be fine until recently. I've wasted about 10 blank dvd's and am running
> out of blanks. I've been using Nero to burn and InterVideo WinDVD 4 to
> play
> DVDs.
> Thanks, chas638

Anonymous
January 24, 2005 1:20:17 PM

Is it a multi-format burner... ie are you using DVD-R disks in a drive that
takes DVD+R disks?

Will it read, play and burn CDs?
www.coribright.com

!