Printer Spooler

I have a computer that when you attempt to print to a printer set to "Spool
print documents so program finishes printing faster" it fails if the print
job is greater than 9 pages in length. When it fails the printer never acts
like it even receives a signal from the computer so it seems like the spooler
failed to spool properly. However if I print a dcoument that is smaller than
9 pages it prints fine or if I change the Advanced option to "Print directly
to the printer" it prints fine. I have tried uninstalling the printer and
driver and reinstalling them to no avail. It really seems like Windows Print
Spooler has decided to fly south for the winter. Any Ideas?

This is on a P4 system with 512 MB of Ram and XP Pro SP2 that printed fine
to the same printer before a system repair and then upgrade to SP2.
Removing SP2 does not resolve this.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Uninstall and reinstall the printer:

www.coribright.com

"Acupro Tech" <AcuproTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a computer that when you attempt to print to a printer set to "Spool
> print documents so program finishes printing faster" it fails if the print
> job is greater than 9 pages in length. When it fails the printer never
> acts
> like it even receives a signal from the computer so it seems like the
> spooler
> failed to spool properly. However if I print a dcoument that is smaller
> than
> 9 pages it prints fine or if I change the Advanced option to "Print
> directly
> to the printer" it prints fine. I have tried uninstalling the printer and
> driver and reinstalling them to no avail. It really seems like Windows
> Print
> Spooler has decided to fly south for the winter. Any Ideas?
>
> This is on a P4 system with 512 MB of Ram and XP Pro SP2 that printed fine
> to the same printer before a system repair and then upgrade to SP2.
> Removing SP2 does not resolve this.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris

In the initial post I stated that I had done so. Any other ideas?