MS-6309 and AGP

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 19, 2004 4:04:48 PM

Hi group,

I have a 6309 v2.2 motherboard with the Apollo Pro133A chipset. The board
has the VT82C694X northbridge chip wich should be AGP 4x, but I can't push
it beyond 2x. I've tried changing the bios settings, but wether I choose
'auto' or '4x', I get the same mode.

I've done a lot of searching in Google, but I've only found Video Card
related things. Does somebody have any experience with this motherboard? I
would also like to know what the other settings in the bios are for, because
in the manual the only documented chipset feature related to agp is the agp
aperture size, wich I have set to the amount of memory of my card (64Mb).
The other settings are: 'AGP Comp. Driving', 'Manual AGP Comp. Driving',
etc.

I've got the latest Bios (3.8 I think) and I've tried with the 4in1 VIA
driver and the 4in1Hyperion driver (currently installed). By the way, my
card is a Radeon 9000.

I'll apreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance,

Reven

More about : 6309 agp

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 3, 2004 2:08:25 AM

"R Sánchez" <reven@NO.SPAM.reven.org> schreef in bericht
> Hi group,
>
> I have a 6309 v2.2 motherboard with the Apollo Pro133A chipset. The board
> has the VT82C694X northbridge chip wich should be AGP 4x, but I can't push
> it beyond 2x. I've tried changing the bios settings, but wether I choose
> 'auto' or '4x', I get the same mode.

The 4x AGP is considered unstable on the first revisions of the 6309.
Therefore maximum AGP transfer rate is limited at 2x.

There are some register patches circulating on the net: worked with my older
Nvidia cards (Ti4200, FX5200 with 4x.XX drivers for 98/Me), don't work for
me now...

Good luck!

Leo
!