my dvd drives have vanished!

My dvd-rom and dvd-rw drive have disappeared from my computer and are
inoperable. aunder device driver for these there is a yellow !. Tried to
uninstall and use add hardware wizard but it said the driver was missing or
corrupted( code 39). Tried to restore but it wont complete the process even
though restore points are there. Tried to rollback or update drivers-
unsuccesful. Can't use factory drivers- they're on disk and that wont work.
XP system SP2. Help!

--

what is the auto play repair wizard? That fix worked by the way - thanks
for the fast reply!

The AutoPlay Repair Wizard fixes your autoplay settings for your computer

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -