my dvd drives have vanished!

My dvd-rom and dvd-rw drive have disappeared from my computer and are
inoperable. aunder device driver for these there is a yellow !. Tried to
uninstall and use add hardware wizard but it said the driver was missing or
corrupted( code 39). Tried to restore but it wont complete the process even
though restore points are there. Tried to rollback or update drivers-
unsuccesful. Can't use factory drivers- they're on disk and that wont work.
XP system SP2. Help!
2 answers Last reply
More about drives vanished

    --

    what is the auto play repair wizard? That fix worked by the way - thanks
    for the fast reply!

    The AutoPlay Repair Wizard fixes your autoplay settings for your computer

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "psideburns" <psideburns@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    >> CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32,
    >> Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060
    >>
    >> Afterward, use the following repair:
    >>
    >> Autoplay Repair Wizard
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C680A7B6-E8FA-45C4-A171-1B389CFACDAD&displaylang=en
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >>
    >> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx

    >> "psideburns" wrote:
    >>
    >> | My dvd-rom and dvd-rw drive have disappeared from my computer and are
    >> | inoperable. aunder device driver for these there is a yellow !. Tried
    >> | uninstall and use add hardware wizard but it said the driver was
    >> missing or
    >> | corrupted( code 39). Tried to restore but it wont complete the process
    >> even
    >> | though restore points are there. Tried to rollback or update drivers-
    >> | unsuccesful. Can't use factory drivers- they're on disk and that wont
    >> work.
    >> | XP system SP2. Help!
    >>

    > --
    >
    > what is the auto play repair wizard? That fix worked by the way - thanks
    > for the fast reply!

Hardware DVD Drives Windows XP