MAMEWAH for Linux?

I'm working on building yet another cabinet for a friend, and this
time I'd like to go with Linux. Problem is, my favorite front-end is
only for Windoze. Does anyone know of a front-end that's very similar
to MAMEWAH?

--
Please see my arcade and pinball items for sale:
http://www.videoracer.com/forsale/

fozztexx@fozztexx.com (Chris Osborn) wrote in news:Z6rVd.8655$OU1.5826
@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

> I'm working on building yet another cabinet for a friend, and this
> time I'd like to go with Linux. Problem is, my favorite front-end is
> only for Windoze. Does anyone know of a front-end that's very similar
> to MAMEWAH?

awhile back some guy was makinga pretty decent frontend in GTK/Perl which
ran on linux. He setup a sourceforge page, might wanna see if its still
around.

Matthew Lenz's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> fozztexx@fozztexx.com (Chris Osborn) wrote in news:Z6rVd.8655$OU1.5826
> @newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:
>> I'm working on building yet another cabinet for a friend, and this
>> time I'd like to go with Linux. Problem is, my favorite front-end is
>> only for Windoze. Does anyone know of a front-end that's very similar
>> to MAMEWAH?
> awhile back some guy was makinga pretty decent frontend in GTK/Perl which
> ran on linux. He setup a sourceforge page, might wanna see if its still
> around.

Happen to remember the name of the project? might help the guy find it

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

http://gxmame.sourceforge.net/
--
David
"I'd love to go out with you, but I'm attending the opening of my garage door."

>>>Does anyone know of a front-end that's very similar to MAMEWAH?

>http://gxmame.sourceforge.net/

Nope, that looks like MAME32. Nothing like MAMEWAH.

--
Please see my arcade and pinball items for sale:
http://www.videoracer.com/forsale/
Or check my repair logs:
http://blog.videoracer.com/blog/

Chris Osborn's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
>>http://gxmame.sourceforge.net/
> Nope, that looks like MAME32. Nothing like MAMEWAH.
Thats the MAME32 lookalike interface.

In article <Xns960E7FAED3DA7matthewnocturnalorg@140.99.99.130>,
Matthew Lenz <matthew@nocturnal.org> wrote:
>ok.. did some poking.. first go to sourceforge.net and search for MAME ..
>there are a bunch of FEs.. the one I was referring to is called tuxarcade
>(tuxarcade.sf.net) .. he hasn't maintained it for a couple years but its
>less Mame32'y. Another one is AdvanceMENU from the AdvanceMAME guys but
>its more GUI like. Good luck, you might also consider using AdvanceMAME
>instead of Xmame/mess, as it gets alot more attention from what I can see.

Yah, I'll be using AdvanceMAME/MESS if I go Linux. I'm downloading
slackware at the moment to do a quick install and test of the
computer. I haven't seen any front-ends for Linux that are as slick as
MAMEWAH though. I'm probably just going to give up and go with Windoze
yet again. Hate to do it, but I'm really not up for writing a MAMEWAH
clone.

--

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 18:39:22 +0000, Chris Osborn wrote:

> Yah, I'll be using AdvanceMAME/MESS if I go Linux. I'm downloading
> slackware at the moment to do a quick install and test of the computer. I
> haven't seen any front-ends for Linux that are as slick as MAMEWAH though.
> I'm probably just going to give up and go with Windoze yet again. Hate to
> do it, but I'm really not up for writing a MAMEWAH clone.

I'm not familiar with Mamewah, but it occurs to me that this might be what
you are looking for:

http://www.mameworld.net/dutchmamepage/pieter_hulshoff.htm

In article <pan.2005.03.03.22.40.33.623362@example.com>,
innocent_lamb <innocent_lamb@Remove.This.tombstones.org.uk.And.This> wrote:
>I'm not familiar with Mamewah, but it occurs to me that this might be what
>you are looking for:
>
>http://www.mameworld.net/dutchmamepage/pieter_hulshoff.htm

It's certainly pretty, but it's not what I want.

--

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 23:08:22 +0000, Chris Osborn wrote:

> In article <pan.2005.03.03.22.40.33.623362@example.com>,
> innocent_lamb <innocent_lamb@Remove.This.tombstones.org.uk.And.This> wrote:
>>I'm not familiar with Mamewah, but it occurs to me that this might be what
>>you are looking for:
>>
>>http://www.mameworld.net/dutchmamepage/pieter_hulshoff.htm
>
> It's certainly pretty, but it's not what I want.

Well, I've downloaded and used virtually every Linux based MAME front end
out there, and you aren't going to find an exact match. AdvanceMenu is
about as close as you're going to get if you want your front end to be as
customizable as MAMEWAH is. It's pretty damned close, as a matter of
fact, if you discount the eye candy. They both look to be clones of
the NeoRageX interface in some form or another. Either use or modify one
of the existing ones, or feel free to write your own.

GregoryD

In article <pan.2005.03.13.09.22.13.838741@hotmail.com>,
GregoryD <hagar@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Well, I've downloaded and used virtually every Linux based MAME front end
>out there, and you aren't going to find an exact match. AdvanceMenu is
>about as close as you're going to get if you want your front end to be as
>customizable as MAMEWAH is. It's pretty damned close, as a matter of
>fact, if you discount the eye candy.

It's not about being skinnable for me. I actually haven't gotten
around to making a fancy skin for MAMEWAH, I'm just using the stock
ones (or stock ones altered to suit my resolution). The biggest thing
I like about it is how it can be configured from *within* menus built
into the program. This lets me alter the config from the arcade
control panel. I change the filtering of the games all the time to
suit my mood or the party.

>feel free to write your own.

Yah, it looks like it's heading in that direction.