Problem connecting to fileserver after new install of XP P..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I have just built up a new AMD64, and put XP Pro SP1 on it. I installed
the built in networking card drivers, and verified I am getting a IP
address. I can connect to the internet fine, but when I'm trying to
reach \\web2\temp for example, I am unable to. I'm not prompted for my
username,password, etc. I can't ping it either.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I set this machine up to have the
WORKGROUP domain since I'm not using AD.

Thanks!
Steve

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Post in the networking newsgroup.
microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web