Hi,

I have a Creative Audigy2 installed on my computer. I installed an
application on my computer that seemed to interupt my settings. I have since
removed that application, but my sound card now only plays through the
headphone output. It is indentified by my computer as "EMU 10k" rather than
"Creative Audigy2"

I have tried using system restore and re-installing drivers. It still only
works via the headphone.

any help appreciated,

thank you,

--
* w a r a t a h *

* * * * * * * *
time wounds all heels

please help, thanks

--
* w a r a t a h *

* * * * * * * *
time wounds all heels
"waratah" <cdewhurst@hotkey.net.au.remove> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a Creative Audigy2 installed on my computer. I installed an
> application on my computer that seemed to interupt my settings. I have
> since removed that application, but my sound card now only plays through
> the headphone output. It is indentified by my computer as "EMU 10k" rather
> than "Creative Audigy2"
>
> I have tried using system restore and re-installing drivers. It still only
> works via the headphone.
>
> any help appreciated,
>
> thank you,
>

> --
> * w a r a t a h *
>
> * * * * * * * *
> time wounds all heels

Suggest you get out the installation instructions and start at the
beginning. Remove all references in Device Manager including (Show
Hidden) and physically remove the soundcard. Then start at step one of
the installation.

waratah wrote:

> please help, thanks

Check with Creative Labs. I have seen this before but on Audigy 1 cards.
They say if the card states "EMU 10k", then the Plug and Play (PnP) chips is
"fried"!