Best performance setting?

I have XP Home
AMD 1800xp cpu
MSI nforce2 K7n2 Delta-Ilsr (6570-030)
768 DDr RAM PC2700
Latest nforce2 drivers
7.2 bios
Audigy 2 with Megaworks 6.1 sound
Sound disabled in bios as well as lan, and firewire.

My current dram setting is 266

FSB is at 133

Any suggestions or links on how I can tweak for optimal performance?

I do POWER gaming and want to set for best performace without having
crashes.

FSB settings seem to confuse me the most.

What about jumper settings etc. etc.

Thanks for any input on this.......

WS

On 4/20/2004 11:03 AM W????n brightened our day with:

>I have XP Home
>AMD 1800xp cpu
>MSI nforce2 K7n2 Delta-Ilsr (6570-030)
>768 DDr RAM PC2700
>Latest nforce2 drivers
>7.2 bios
>Audigy 2 with Megaworks 6.1 sound
>Sound disabled in bios as well as lan, and firewire.
>
>My current dram setting is 266
>
>FSB is at 133
>
>Any suggestions or links on how I can tweak for optimal performance?
>
>I do POWER gaming and want to set for best performace without having
>crashes.
>
>FSB settings seem to confuse me the most.
>
>What about jumper settings etc. etc.
>
>Thanks for any input on this.......
>
>WS

The best thing you could do is go out and get a *Mobile* AthlonXP 2500+,
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-401&depa=1
Because you really should have the FSB settings at 166 which unless
you're willing to do some bridge connecting and filling in the pits on
the Palomino core you won't be able to. The XP 1800 doesn't overclock
easily.
What's most desirable is to have your FSB and DRAM running
synchronously, a 1:1 ratio. You have memory that's capable of 333 MHz,
a Mobo capable of 400 MHz and a CPU capable of only 266 MHz. (When it
actually comes to setting things in the BIOS these are given their true
rather than effective speeds, i.e. everything isn't doubled so you see
133, 166, 200). So ideally to get the most out of what you've got
something has to change.
Now if you don't want to upgrade your CPU, you should probably leave
things as is, you could change the DRAM/FSB ratio so that it's running
at 5:4 (166:133) but most people will tell you that you're better off
running synchronous than faster. You may want to raise the FSB up a
little to see what you can get away with.
There are no jumper settings to change once you've got to 133 MHz FSB
(there are a couple that will set it to safe mode, 100 MHZ). If you
can't get it to start after futzing with the FSB, use the CMOS clear
jumper to get everything back to default.

--
"Smiles everyone, Smiles!" - Mr. Roarke

Steve [Inglo]

Thanks Inglo.
Seems as though it is running pretty nice right now with the current
settings.
I need a larger CPU.

133 FSB
266 Dram
AMD 1800xp
PC2700 DDR at 768
Like to game, so my vid card is about due.

WS