Flashing Gateway TS-H552B Firmware GA02 to TS06?

Hi all ...

Have been having a number of curious problems with my Gateway 825GM's
DVD burner.

Everything reports back that this is a TS-H552B burner -- I assume it's
the guts of the Samsung model basically.

The only difference is that it reports back that it's firmware is
"GA02" -- I assume that is some Gateway proprietary feldercarb.

If I flash this thing up to the TS06 firmware will I blow it to kingdom
come?

Thanks!

Ax

Probably, but you might want to ask in a more appropriate forum, as this
issue has nothing to do with Windows XP.