Lost Network Access...Doesn't Make Sense. Help!

dark54555

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2003
long time Tom's reader, first time poster.

Alright,here's the problem. I updated my SBLive! drivers, got the sound working (why oh why does it auto-mute all channels? so annoying.) Anyway, rebooted, got the sound working, and now all of a sudden, I have no network access (I'm posting this from my laptop). All my network protocols are unchanged, all there, all settings right. No IRQ conflict. Here's more info:
SBLive:
IRQ12
IO Range A800-A81F

Netgear FA311
IRQ11
IO Range 9000-90FF
Mem. Range EF020000-EF020FFF

I'm at a total loss here. I can't access the net, I can't see the router, but I have an IP address. No hardware was moved or changed. Network card light is on. I also can't renew my IP. help, please!

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
you didn't say what OS. Are you getting an IP address in the 169.254.XXX.XXX range? Did you try re-installing TCP/IP?

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

Although the sounds doesn't conflict, the extra allocation of IRQs, may have re-allocated either the Network Card's IRQ or perhaps the IRQ taken by sound has left a device or PCI slot requiring one.

Definitely no sharing of the Network Card's IRQ with anything?

<b><font color=blue>~ <A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=324&s=58e94ba84a16bedfebbf0f416d5bac48" target="_new">Nice sig 81.</A> ~<font color=blue></b> :wink: