MN-700 Base Station - adding a signal booster or antenna

In my home network, I have a few dead and weak spots on my wireless network,
and I wanted to add a booster antenna or signal booster such as a couple
offered by Hawking. The problem is, unlike some of the other wireless base
stations, this antenna seems to be permanently attached and does not unscrew.
Is there workaround for this, or will the antenna come off? Failing that, if
I take it apart, is it easy to remove the old antenna and solder a new jack
on that would accept a new antenna?
1 answer Last reply
More about base station adding signal booster antenna

    The antenna doesn't screw off and we don't support manually disassembling
    our hardware and trying to put additional components onto them.

    --
    Jeff Baziuk
    Microsoft Corporation

    and confers no rights.

    "Evan Stewart" <EvanStewart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > In my home network, I have a few dead and weak spots on my wireless
    > network,
    > and I wanted to add a booster antenna or signal booster such as a couple
    > offered by Hawking. The problem is, unlike some of the other wireless base
    > stations, this antenna seems to be permanently attached and does not
    > unscrew.
    > Is there workaround for this, or will the antenna come off? Failing that,
    > if
    > I take it apart, is it easy to remove the old antenna and solder a new
    > jack
    > on that would accept a new antenna?

Wireless Wireless Networking