Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

keyboard freezing after I installed microsoft anti spy ware

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Keyboards
  • Windows XP
January 25, 2005 5:34:55 PM

Hello,
I have Win XP Pro with SP 1, I installed Microsoft Anti Spyware and I run it
it removed all the spywares then it asked me to reboot the PC, I did, and
when I got the log on screen the mouse was working properly and I can drag
the log on window, but when I click on any key on the keyboard, both the
mouse and keyboard freez up, I dont know what happened, even in safe mode,
even when loading my previous working state. I also tried to repair Windows
by using the CD, but when I reach to put the serial it freezes up too.
please I really need any help on this. any help would be highly appreciated.
thank you

More about : keyboard freezing installed microsoft anti spy ware

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 5:34:56 PM

Hi

Try remvong the ms spy-ware application since that
seems to be the cause of the problem, could be that it
over wrote some dll files that is being used bye the
mosue drivers.

Al

M K W wrote:

> Hello,
> I have Win XP Pro with SP 1, I installed Microsoft Anti Spyware and I run it
> it removed all the spywares then it asked me to reboot the PC, I did, and
> when I got the log on screen the mouse was working properly and I can drag
> the log on window, but when I click on any key on the keyboard, both the
> mouse and keyboard freez up, I dont know what happened, even in safe mode,
> even when loading my previous working state. I also tried to repair Windows
> by using the CD, but when I reach to put the serial it freezes up too.
> please I really need any help on this. any help would be highly appreciated.
> thank you
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 10:30:42 AM

instead of safe mode, try booting to "last known good"