865PE NEO2-FIS2R, Production, ATA RAID

I am having trouble finding this MB for sale. One salesman told me
that the product is discontinued. Have any of you heard anything
about this MB going out of production??

Should I just go for the 875P NEO2-FIS2R instead.

I have been researching these models since I want to install 2 WD 80GB
7200RPM 8MB Cache Ultra-ATA-100 drives off the Promise controller in
the RAID mode. Has anyone done this. I will move to the SATA later,
but for now I have the two ATA drives on hand. Thanks.

The Promise controller on both boards is SATA so you'll have to go with SATA drives or use the PATA adapters.

"TomF" <tom-fletcher@att.net> wrote in message news:a8bf39f2.0404261509.1b683e1c@posting.google.com...
> I am having trouble finding this MB for sale. One salesman told me
> that the product is discontinued. Have any of you heard anything
> about this MB going out of production??
>
> Should I just go for the 875P NEO2-FIS2R instead.
>
> I have been researching these models since I want to install 2 WD 80GB
> 7200RPM 8MB Cache Ultra-ATA-100 drives off the Promise controller in
> the RAID mode. Has anyone done this. I will move to the SATA later,
> but for now I have the two ATA drives on hand. Thanks.

David, according to MBReview.com they tested the board and say
"Promise SATA/IDE RAID chip that powere them. .... along with a
single, bright yellow IDE connector. This connector is also
controlled by the Promise chip, and supports the typical RAID modes
ina single IDE connection environment." The MBReview was written by
Stephen Cooper on July 21st, 2003. Therefore, I was hoping to use my
two WD IDE drives in the RAID mode?? Can this work with Win XP Home
edition?? Thanks for your help'

tom-fletcher@att.net (TomF) wrote in message news:<a8bf39f2.0404261509.1b683e1c@posting.google.com>...
> I am having trouble finding this MB for sale. One salesman told me
> that the product is discontinued. Have any of you heard anything
> about this MB going out of production??
>
> Should I just go for the 875P NEO2-FIS2R instead.
>
> I have been researching these models since I want to install 2 WD 80GB
> 7200RPM 8MB Cache Ultra-ATA-100 drives off the Promise controller in
> the RAID mode. Has anyone done this. I will move to the SATA later,
> but for now I have the two ATA drives on hand. Thanks.

I was under the impression that you would use the yellow connector in conjunction with the SATA connectors and that you could only
connect a single drive to that PATA connector (not a master and a slave). Someone else will probably confirm or deny this.