Power Management for Non-admin laptop users

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

We have a few laptops that are part of a domain. When the laptop users
logon to our domain, I want their logon permissions to allow them to change
their power settings because I don't want their laptops to standby or
hibernate with the default settings EVEN with their laptop plugged in to
electric power. How do I change their permissions to allow them to change
power settings?

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about power management admin laptop users
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    C C wrote:

    > We have a few laptops that are part of a domain. When the laptop users
    > logon to our domain, I want their logon permissions to allow them to change
    > their power settings because I don't want their laptops to standby or
    > hibernate with the default settings EVEN with their laptop plugged in to
    > electric power. How do I change their permissions to allow them to change
    > power settings?
    Hi

    In the thread in the link below you will find a description on how to
    configure a computer to allow normal users to alter power scheme
    settings without being added to the Local Administrators group.

    Subject: RE: XP. Rigts to change power schema
    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin
    http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=uEgNmYgsDHA.3536%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide: