Power Management for Non-admin laptop users

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Microsoft
  • Power
  • Windows XP
a b D Laptop
January 25, 2005 7:43:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

We have a few laptops that are part of a domain. When the laptop users
logon to our domain, I want their logon permissions to allow them to change
their power settings because I don't want their laptops to standby or
hibernate with the default settings EVEN with their laptop plugged in to
electric power. How do I change their permissions to allow them to change
power settings?

Thanks in advance.

More about : power management admin laptop users

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 25, 2005 9:17:43 PM

C C wrote:

> We have a few laptops that are part of a domain. When the laptop users
> logon to our domain, I want their logon permissions to allow them to change
> their power settings because I don't want their laptops to standby or
> hibernate with the default settings EVEN with their laptop plugged in to
> electric power. How do I change their permissions to allow them to change
> power settings?
Hi

In the thread in the link below you will find a description on how to
configure a computer to allow normal users to alter power scheme
settings without being added to the Local Administrators group.

Subject: RE: XP. Rigts to change power schema
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=uEgNmYgsDHA.3...

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: