Flashed Bios Now Processor has changed performance value o..

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I just recently flashed my bios using MSI Live Update, and now my Athlon
XP 2400 is reported as being a 1700. I have done nothing to the
computer but flash the BIOS. My MB is a KT4V.

Any explanation or suggestions as to what the cause of this is?
Should I un-flash my BIOS? Don't see any real performace change, but
disconcerting none the less.

TIA

Eric
--
To Reply directly delete "removethis" from email address

"Eric" <gunnericremovethis@efn.org> wrote in message

" I have done nothing to the computer but flash the BIOS. "

....but in doing so, you have reset rhe FSB to 100 when it should be 133 for
an Athlon XP 2400+.

Flashing a BIOS normally resets all settings to fail-safe defaults.

Prang

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 01:44:04 -0700, Eric <gunnericremovethis@efn.org>
wrote:

>I just recently flashed my bios using MSI Live Update, and now my Athlon
>XP 2400 is reported as being a 1700. I have done nothing to the
>computer but flash the BIOS. My MB is a KT4V.
>
>Any explanation or suggestions as to what the cause of this is?
>Should I un-flash my BIOS? Don't see any real performace change, but
>disconcerting none the less.
>
>TIA
>
>Eric

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks for the information, so any ideas on how to fix it?

Eric

--

On Sat, 01 May 2004 01:57:10 -0700, Eric wrote:

>Thanks for the information, so any ideas on how to fix it?

You have checked that the CPU has the right FSB set for it?

My 2500+ (166MHz FSB) would only run at 100 or 133 after a flash on
my "very old" KT3, so I had to set the FSB (and using slower memory
settings) manually to 166 to get the 2500+. It took me more than a
few BIOS resets, but now it runs just fine.