Flashed Bios Now Processor has changed performance value o..

I just recently flashed my bios using MSI Live Update, and now my Athlon
XP 2400 is reported as being a 1700. I have done nothing to the
computer but flash the BIOS. My MB is a KT4V.

Any explanation or suggestions as to what the cause of this is?
Should I un-flash my BIOS? Don't see any real performace change, but
disconcerting none the less.

TIA

Eric
--
To Reply directly delete "removethis" from email address
4 answers Last reply

    "Eric" <gunnericremovethis@efn.org> wrote in message

    " I have done nothing to the computer but flash the BIOS. "

    ....but in doing so, you have reset rhe FSB to 100 when it should be 133 for
    an Athlon XP 2400+.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Flashing a BIOS normally resets all settings to fail-safe defaults.

    Prang

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 01:44:04 -0700, Eric <gunnericremovethis@efn.org>
    wrote:

    >I just recently flashed my bios using MSI Live Update, and now my Athlon
    >XP 2400 is reported as being a 1700. I have done nothing to the
    >computer but flash the BIOS. My MB is a KT4V.
    >
    >Any explanation or suggestions as to what the cause of this is?
    >Should I un-flash my BIOS? Don't see any real performace change, but
    >disconcerting none the less.
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >Eric
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Thanks for the information, so any ideas on how to fix it?

    Eric

    --
    To Reply directly delete "removethis" from email address
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    On Sat, 01 May 2004 01:57:10 -0700, Eric wrote:

    >Thanks for the information, so any ideas on how to fix it?

    You have checked that the CPU has the right FSB set for it?

    My 2500+ (166MHz FSB) would only run at 100 or 133 after a flash on
    my "very old" KT3, so I had to set the FSB (and using slower memory
    settings) manually to 166 to get the 2500+. It took me more than a
    few BIOS resets, but now it runs just fine.

MSI-Microstar BIOS Processors Performance Motherboards