url invalid with live update

hi

new to msi, seems like a great product but the live update worked only once
and now reports url invalid. if i remove and reinstall, same thing happens?

anyone else had thsi problem or know a cure to fix it?

Thanks in advance
4 answers Last reply
More about invalid live update

    "Dave" <me@me.com> wrote in

    > hi
    >
    > new to msi, seems like a great product but the live update worked only
    > once and now reports url invalid. if i remove and reinstall, same
    > thing happens?
    >
    > anyone else had thsi problem or know a cure to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Things were changed.Go to the msicomputer site and download a new live
    update ... It will update the URL
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Sorry for the extra posting but now the url is valid I downloaded the latest
    BIOS for my mobo but the diskette creation fails - even though I have tried
    on 5 separate floppies ... anyone know if this is a problem with the BIOS
    update please?

    Geoff

    "yepnope" <yep@fraidnot.org> wrote in message
    > "Dave" <me@me.com> wrote in
    >
    > > hi
    > >
    > > new to msi, seems like a great product but the live update worked only
    > > once and now reports url invalid. if i remove and reinstall, same
    > > thing happens?
    > >
    > > anyone else had thsi problem or know a cure to fix it?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance
    > >

    > Things were changed.Go to the msicomputer site and download a new live
    > update ... It will update the URL
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "KingKong" <geoff.hamilton1@NOSPAMPLEASE.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry for the extra posting but now the url is valid I downloaded the
    latest
    > BIOS for my mobo but the diskette creation fails - even though I have
    tried
    > on 5 separate floppies ... anyone know if this is a problem with the BIOS
    > update please?

    Which BIOS? What OS? I know XP seems to have a lot of problems with floppy
    drives so try to use a DOS boot disk to create the floppy for the BIOS
    upgrade.

    Tom Lake
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Sorry that last post was a bit vague!
    BIOS is 6704 3.20. (currently on v3.0). OS is WinXP Pro with SP1a.

    Geoff

    "Tom Lake" <tlake@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message

    > "KingKong" <geoff.hamilton1@NOSPAMPLEASE.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > Sorry for the extra posting but now the url is valid I downloaded the
    > latest
    > > BIOS for my mobo but the diskette creation fails - even though I have
    > tried
    > > on 5 separate floppies ... anyone know if this is a problem with the
    BIOS
    > > update please?
    >
    > Which BIOS? What OS? I know XP seems to have a lot of problems with
    floppy
    > drives so try to use a DOS boot disk to create the floppy for the BIOS
    > upgrade.
    >
    > Tom Lake

MSI-Microstar Motherboards