notebook battery suddenly stopped to work

January 25, 2005 6:43:05 PM

Please, can you advise how to solve the following problem?

My notebook HP Presario 2100 is one year old, however I don't run it on
batteries often. If, it was wrking for almost 3 hours long. I have both my
desktop PC and notebook powered from the same AC outlet. 3 days ago my PC's
source suddenly ceased to operate, when I plugged in the notebook. I have
changed the sourse in desktop PC, it's ok now. But yesterday I recognised my
notebook's battery is out of energy and isn't going to be charged. When I
unplug it, it swiches off. I used also the Battery Optimiser, it haven't
solved the problem. I don't know, wheather the source could be the reason. I
unplugged the notebook the day before yesterday and tried to switch to
hibernate mode, but didn't checked the progress. It probably haven't changed
the mode and the battery was uncharged, but the battery was working as I
remember.
--
M Kelbel
Anonymous

Get a new battery. www.hp.com
www.coribright.com

"M Kelbel" <MKelbel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please, can you advise how to solve the following problem?
>
> My notebook HP Presario 2100 is one year old, however I don't run it on
> batteries often. If, it was wrking for almost 3 hours long. I have both my
> desktop PC and notebook powered from the same AC outlet. 3 days ago my
> PC's
> source suddenly ceased to operate, when I plugged in the notebook. I have
> changed the sourse in desktop PC, it's ok now. But yesterday I recognised
> my
> notebook's battery is out of energy and isn't going to be charged. When I
> unplug it, it swiches off. I used also the Battery Optimiser, it haven't
> solved the problem. I don't know, wheather the source could be the reason.
> unplugged the notebook the day before yesterday and tried to switch to
> hibernate mode, but didn't checked the progress. It probably haven't
> changed
> the mode and the battery was uncharged, but the battery was working as I
> remember.
> --
> M Kelbel

January 25, 2005 7:59:02 PM

Are you suggesting that if the PC and Laptop are plugeed into the same AC
wall socket, that the Desktop doesn't work?

If so, before you buy a battery, check that the AC/DC converter is working
properly.

It may not be the battery, but a power converter issue!

!