USB Problem! Please Help!

Hey everyone my name is Thom and I need USB help. Whenever I plug in
anything into ANY of my USB ports, it gives me the message and icon that says
Safely Remove Hardware. I have even purchased a new JumpDrive and it brings
up the same menu. This problem originated when I plugged in my USB cord from
my new digital camera. I really want to be able to save pictures to my
camera, and all the other cords and things work on my friends computers. By
the way I have a Dell computer with Windows XP as my operating system.
Thank you for the help.
5 answers Last reply
More about problem help

    What message? That icon on the systray is supposed to come, you use it when
    done using the external drive/memstick/camera....

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "Thom" <spiffy_banana_man@yahoo.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > Hey everyone my name is Thom and I need USB help. Whenever I plug in
    > anything into ANY of my USB ports, it gives me the message and icon that
    says
    > Safely Remove Hardware. I have even purchased a new JumpDrive and it
    brings
    > up the same menu. This problem originated when I plugged in my USB cord
    from
    > my new digital camera. I really want to be able to save pictures to my
    > camera, and all the other cords and things work on my friends computers.
    By
    > the way I have a Dell computer with Windows XP as my operating system.
    > Thank you for the help.

    No, the message and icon appears as soon as I plug it in. I don't get the
    option to download pictures on to my computer or anything. I need someone to
    tell me what I have done wrong and how to correct it!

    "Thomas Wendell" wrote:

    > What message? That icon on the systray is supposed to come, you use it when
    > done using the external drive/memstick/camera....
    >

    > --
    > Tumppi
    > Reply to group
    > Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
    > Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
    > (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
    >

    > "Thom" <spiffy_banana_man@yahoo.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > > Hey everyone my name is Thom and I need USB help. Whenever I plug in
    > > anything into ANY of my USB ports, it gives me the message and icon that
    > says
    > > Safely Remove Hardware. I have even purchased a new JumpDrive and it
    > brings
    > > up the same menu. This problem originated when I plugged in my USB cord
    > from
    > > my new digital camera. I really want to be able to save pictures to my
    > > camera, and all the other cords and things work on my friends computers.
    > By
    > > the way I have a Dell computer with Windows XP as my operating system.
    > > Thank you for the help.

    The icon appears when you plug a USB device in. The message
    appears when you click on the icon.

    What you need to do is open My Computer and find the camera
    listed as a removable drive or whatever and download your
    pictures. Even better is a flash card reader since it won't
    use your camera batteries.

    You can set the properties to prompt you for "action" when
    you plug a USB device in, just as you can set actions for a
    CD.

    "Thom" <spiffy_banana_man@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    | No, the message and icon appears as soon as I plug it in.
    I don't get the
    | option to download pictures on to my computer or anything.
    I need someone to
    | tell me what I have done wrong and how to correct it!
    |

    | "Thomas Wendell" wrote:
    |
    | > What message? That icon on the systray is supposed to
    come, you use it when
    | > done using the external drive/memstick/camera....
    | >

    | > --
    | > Tumppi
    | > Reply to group
    | > =================================================
    | > Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
    | > Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
    | > (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
    | > =================================================
    | >

    | > "Thom" <spiffy_banana_man@yahoo.com> kirjoitti viestissä

    | > > Hey everyone my name is Thom and I need USB help.
    Whenever I plug in
    | > > anything into ANY of my USB ports, it gives me the
    message and icon that
    | > says
    | > > Safely Remove Hardware. I have even purchased a new
    JumpDrive and it
    | > brings
    | > > up the same menu. This problem originated when I
    plugged in my USB cord
    | > from
    | > > my new digital camera. I really want to be able to
    save pictures to my
    | > > camera, and all the other cords and things work on my
    friends computers.
    | > By
    | > > the way I have a Dell computer with Windows XP as my
    operating system.
    | > > Thank you for the help.

    My problem is similar using the lexar jumpdrive with XP, but everything tells
    me that the drive is working properly but when I go to my computer its not
    visiable and its not given as an option when I try to save a document.

    "Jim Macklin" wrote:

    > The icon appears when you plug a USB device in. The message
    > appears when you click on the icon.
    >
    > What you need to do is open My Computer and find the camera
    > listed as a removable drive or whatever and download your
    > pictures. Even better is a flash card reader since it won't
    > use your camera batteries.
    >
    > You can set the properties to prompt you for "action" when
    > you plug a USB device in, just as you can set actions for a
    > CD.

    > "Thom" <spiffy_banana_man@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > | No, the message and icon appears as soon as I plug it in.
    > I don't get the
    > | option to download pictures on to my computer or anything.
    > I need someone to
    > | tell me what I have done wrong and how to correct it!
    > |

    > | "Thomas Wendell" wrote:
    > |
    > | > What message? That icon on the systray is supposed to
    > come, you use it when
    > | > done using the external drive/memstick/camera....
    > | >

    > | > --
    > | > Tumppi
    > | > Reply to group
    > | > =================================================
    > | > Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
    > | > Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
    > | > (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
    > | > =================================================
    > | >

    > | > "Thom" <spiffy_banana_man@yahoo.com> kirjoitti viestissä

    > Whenever I plug in
    > message and icon that
    > | > says
    > JumpDrive and it
    > | > brings
    > plugged in my USB cord
    > | > from
    > save pictures to my
    > friends computers.
    > | > By
    > operating system.

    Does the jump drive appear in disk management?

    "texar" <texar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | My problem is similar using the lexar jumpdrive with XP,
    but everything tells
    | me that the drive is working properly but when I go to my
    computer its not
    | visiable and its not given as an option when I try to save
    a document.

    | "Jim Macklin" wrote:
    |
    | > The icon appears when you plug a USB device in. The
    message
    | > appears when you click on the icon.
    | >
    | > What you need to do is open My Computer and find the
    camera
    | > listed as a removable drive or whatever and download
    your
    | > pictures. Even better is a flash card reader since it
    won't
    | > use your camera batteries.
    | >
    | > You can set the properties to prompt you for "action"
    when
    | > you plug a USB device in, just as you can set actions
    for a
    | > CD.
    | >

    | > --
    | >

    | > "Thom" <spiffy_banana_man@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    | > | No, the message and icon appears as soon as I plug it
    in.
    | > I don't get the
    | > | option to download pictures on to my computer or
    anything.
    | > I need someone to
    | > | tell me what I have done wrong and how to correct it!
    | > |
    | > |
    | > | "Thomas Wendell" wrote:
    | > |