USB Problem! Please Help!

January 25, 2005 7:05:09 PM

Hey everyone my name is Thom and I need USB help. Whenever I plug in
anything into ANY of my USB ports, it gives me the message and icon that says
Safely Remove Hardware. I have even purchased a new JumpDrive and it brings
up the same menu. This problem originated when I plugged in my USB cord from
my new digital camera. I really want to be able to save pictures to my
camera, and all the other cords and things work on my friends computers. By
the way I have a Dell computer with Windows XP as my operating system.
Thank you for the help.

More about : usb problem

Anonymous
January 26, 2005 5:57:27 AM

What message? That icon on the systray is supposed to come, you use it when
done using the external drive/memstick/camera....

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Thom" <spiffy_banana_man@yahoo.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> Hey everyone my name is Thom and I need USB help. Whenever I plug in
> anything into ANY of my USB ports, it gives me the message and icon that
says
> Safely Remove Hardware. I have even purchased a new JumpDrive and it
brings
> up the same menu. This problem originated when I plugged in my USB cord
from
> my new digital camera. I really want to be able to save pictures to my
> camera, and all the other cords and things work on my friends computers.
By
> the way I have a Dell computer with Windows XP as my operating system.
> Thank you for the help.

January 26, 2005 5:57:28 AM

No, the message and icon appears as soon as I plug it in. I don't get the
option to download pictures on to my computer or anything. I need someone to
tell me what I have done wrong and how to correct it!

"Thomas Wendell" wrote:

> What message? That icon on the systray is supposed to come, you use it when
> done using the external drive/memstick/camera....
>

> --
> Tumppi
> Reply to group
> Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
> Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
> (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
>

> "Thom" <spiffy_banana_man@yahoo.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> > Hey everyone my name is Thom and I need USB help. Whenever I plug in
> > anything into ANY of my USB ports, it gives me the message and icon that
> says
> > Safely Remove Hardware. I have even purchased a new JumpDrive and it
> brings
> > up the same menu. This problem originated when I plugged in my USB cord
> from
> > my new digital camera. I really want to be able to save pictures to my
> > camera, and all the other cords and things work on my friends computers.
> By
> > the way I have a Dell computer with Windows XP as my operating system.
> > Thank you for the help.

January 26, 2005 5:57:29 AM

The icon appears when you plug a USB device in. The message
appears when you click on the icon.

What you need to do is open My Computer and find the camera
listed as a removable drive or whatever and download your
pictures. Even better is a flash card reader since it won't
use your camera batteries.

You can set the properties to prompt you for "action" when
you plug a USB device in, just as you can set actions for a
CD.

"Thom" <spiffy_banana_man@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D 2E55C36-2DBD-45D5-BCDA-D389F0D629AD@microsoft.com...
| No, the message and icon appears as soon as I plug it in.
I don't get the
| option to download pictures on to my computer or anything.
I need someone to
| tell me what I have done wrong and how to correct it!
|

| "Thomas Wendell" wrote:
|
| > What message? That icon on the systray is supposed to
come, you use it when
| > done using the external drive/memstick/camera....
| >

| > --
| > Tumppi
| > Reply to group
| > =================================================
| > Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
| > Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
| > (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
| > =================================================
| >

| > "Thom" <spiffy_banana_man@yahoo.com> kirjoitti viestissä

| > > Hey everyone my name is Thom and I need USB help.
Whenever I plug in
| > > anything into ANY of my USB ports, it gives me the
message and icon that
| > says
| > > Safely Remove Hardware. I have even purchased a new
JumpDrive and it
| > brings
| > > up the same menu. This problem originated when I
plugged in my USB cord
| > from
| > > my new digital camera. I really want to be able to
save pictures to my
| > > camera, and all the other cords and things work on my
friends computers.
| > By
| > > the way I have a Dell computer with Windows XP as my
operating system.
| > > Thank you for the help.

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 4:41:03 PM

My problem is similar using the lexar jumpdrive with XP, but everything tells
me that the drive is working properly but when I go to my computer its not
visiable and its not given as an option when I try to save a document.

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

> The icon appears when you plug a USB device in. The message
> appears when you click on the icon.
>
> What you need to do is open My Computer and find the camera
> listed as a removable drive or whatever and download your
> pictures. Even better is a flash card reader since it won't
> use your camera batteries.
>
> You can set the properties to prompt you for "action" when
> you plug a USB device in, just as you can set actions for a
> CD.

> "Thom" <spiffy_banana_man@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:D 2E55C36-2DBD-45D5-BCDA-D389F0D629AD@microsoft.com...
> | No, the message and icon appears as soon as I plug it in.
> I don't get the
> | option to download pictures on to my computer or anything.
> I need someone to
> | tell me what I have done wrong and how to correct it!
> |

> | "Thomas Wendell" wrote:
> |
> | > What message? That icon on the systray is supposed to
> come, you use it when
> | > done using the external drive/memstick/camera....
> | >

> | > --
> | > Tumppi
> | > Reply to group
> | > =================================================
> | > Most learned on nntp://news.mircosoft.com
> | > Helsinki, Finland (remove _NOSPAM)
> | > (translations from FI/SE not always accurate)
> | > =================================================
> | >

> | > "Thom" <spiffy_banana_man@yahoo.com> kirjoitti viestissä

> Whenever I plug in
> message and icon that
> | > says
> JumpDrive and it
> | > brings
> plugged in my USB cord
> | > from
> save pictures to my
> friends computers.
> | > By
> operating system.

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 7:38:20 PM

Does the jump drive appear in disk management?

"texar" <texar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| My problem is similar using the lexar jumpdrive with XP,
but everything tells
| me that the drive is working properly but when I go to my
computer its not
| visiable and its not given as an option when I try to save
a document.

| "Jim Macklin" wrote:
|
| > The icon appears when you plug a USB device in. The
message
| > appears when you click on the icon.
| >
| > What you need to do is open My Computer and find the
camera
| > listed as a removable drive or whatever and download
your
| > pictures. Even better is a flash card reader since it
won't
| > use your camera batteries.
| >
| > You can set the properties to prompt you for "action"
when
| > you plug a USB device in, just as you can set actions
for a
| > CD.
| >

| > --
| >

| > "Thom" <spiffy_banana_man@yahoo.com> wrote in message

news:D 2E55C36-2DBD-45D5-BCDA-D389F0D629AD@microsoft.com...
| > | No, the message and icon appears as soon as I plug it
in.
| > I don't get the
| > | option to download pictures on to my computer or
anything.
| > I need someone to
| > | tell me what I have done wrong and how to correct it!
| > |
| > |
| > |

!