BIOS not recognising my HDD K7N2 Delta I

Hi folks,
I have just built my first pc around this board,my specs are:

MSI K7N2 D I
2X 256mb Kingston 2700
Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1
Verto GeForce 4 Ti 2400
AMD XP2500
IBM/Hitachi Deskstar 80Gb
....and when I get there the OS will be Windows XP Home Edition.

On first bootup everything seems to be fine and well,cpu looks stable
at 36'C.I have gone through the BIOS setup - set the standard board
settings (F7),but my problem is the BIOS does not 'see' my HDD.It
doesnt auto detect it and I dont have the information for a manual
install.I have looked at the jumpers on the back of the drive - they
look good to me.I have also looked carefully at the cabling,swapped it
around and swapped it back,but to no avail.I have even swapped the
80Gb HDD for the one in my old system - which I know works perfectly
well,but again the BIOS does not see it.

I get the feeling this may be something very simple,but alas,I just
cant see it.If anyone can advise/help me here I will be very grateful
indeed.

Paul.

Laurie

john@austin9613.fsworld.co.uk (Paul Austin) wrote in message news:<77d789ef.0405020909.1f8d5a05@posting.google.com>...
> Hi folks,
> I have just built my first pc around this board,my specs are:
>
> MSI K7N2 D I
> 2X 256mb Kingston 2700
> Creative Soundblaster Live 5.1
> Verto GeForce 4 Ti 2400
> AMD XP2500
> IBM/Hitachi Deskstar 80Gb
> ...and when I get there the OS will be Windows XP Home Edition.
>
> On first bootup everything seems to be fine and well,cpu looks stable
> at 36'C.I have gone through the BIOS setup - set the standard board
> settings (F7),but my problem is the BIOS does not 'see' my HDD.It
> doesnt auto detect it and I dont have the information for a manual
> install.I have looked at the jumpers on the back of the drive - they
> look good to me.I have also looked carefully at the cabling,swapped it
> around and swapped it back,but to no avail.I have even swapped the
> 80Gb HDD for the one in my old system - which I know works perfectly
> well,but again the BIOS does not see it.
>
> I get the feeling this may be something very simple,but alas,I just
> cant see it.If anyone can advise/help me here I will be very grateful
> indeed.
>
> Paul.

Paul, I have got the K7N2 Delta ILSR version and had the same thing.
My two HDD are connected to the two SATA connectors and from what I
have got from other forums the BIOS does not see these!!!!! I had to
array the HDD in stripe, (in my case the better selection), 0. I have
had no problems since. Press ctrl F to go into the set up, it
explains iteslf from there.
Don't know if that will help but if you want more info go to
Micromart.co.uk and look in the system buiders forum, they are bloody
good:)
Good luck