Bluetooth profiles supported in WinXP as standard

I just purchased a Bluetooth headset (designed for a mobile phone) and want
to connect to my two computers.

1) Acer with WinXP Professional (purchased as a genuine Microsoft product)
finds the device, but does not offer any services.

2) Compaq laptop with I guess OEM Win XP Professional. I downloaded the
Bluetooth driver/extensions from Compaq's web site. All worked well. It
discovered the headset, offered the headset profile and all worked fine.

The headset is the new Plantronics DSP devices - it offers Headset and
HandsFree profiles.

**
Am I correct in thinking that the standard Microsoft Bluetooth drivers do
not support the Headset & Handsfree profiles?

If WinXP *does* support the headset drivers, the why am I not seeing that
service offered, and how can I correct it?
**

Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth profiles supported winxp standard

    Hello

    Give bluetooth t.support a call

    alvin

    "Alvin Brown" <alvin1@swbell.net> wrote

    > Give bluetooth t.support a call

    And where would that be?

    --
    Bob
    Kanyak's Doghouse

    Hello,

    The Windows XP bluetooth stack which is included with Windows XP SP2, does
    not support audio devices. The bluetooth stack available from Compaq's web
    site may be from a different vendor, but I'm not familiar with it. You'll
    need ask Compaq which profiles this stack supports.

    Sandy Spinrad
    Developer, Windows Core Bluetooth
    ------------------------------------

    -------------------------------------
    "NewsOptusAnon" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I just purchased a Bluetooth headset (designed for a mobile phone) and want
    >to connect to my two computers.
    >
    > 1) Acer with WinXP Professional (purchased as a genuine Microsoft product)
    > finds the device, but does not offer any services.
    >
    > 2) Compaq laptop with I guess OEM Win XP Professional. I downloaded the
    > Bluetooth driver/extensions from Compaq's web site. All worked well. It
    > discovered the headset, offered the headset profile and all worked fine.
    >
    > The headset is the new Plantronics DSP devices - it offers Headset and
    > HandsFree profiles.
    >
    > **
    > Am I correct in thinking that the standard Microsoft Bluetooth drivers do
    > not support the Headset & Handsfree profiles?
    >
    > If WinXP *does* support the headset drivers, the why am I not seeing that
    > service offered, and how can I correct it?
    > **
    >
    > Thanks!

    Sandy, if you are a developer on the Bluetooth core in Windows, can you let
    everyone know when Microsoft plans to support the audio gateway Bluetooth
    service so people will stop complaining about their Bluetooth headsets not
    working?

    -Miles Raymond

    "Sandy Spinrad [MSFT]" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > The Windows XP bluetooth stack which is included with Windows XP SP2, does
    > not support audio devices. The bluetooth stack available from Compaq's web
    > site may be from a different vendor, but I'm not familiar with it. You'll
    > need ask Compaq which profiles this stack supports.
    >
    > Sandy Spinrad
    > Developer, Windows Core Bluetooth

Gaming Headsets Microsoft Bluetooth Windows XP