K7N2 Delta won't boot one red light on d-bracket

I leave this machine ON all the time, so when I went to use it, it
seamed to be locked up. Upon reboot the D-Bracket hangs with the #4
lit up in Red. I thought it might be a Power Supply problem, so I
replaced the PS to one with a proper 12v connector. Also tried a
different CPU, with the same results. Anyone else ever have this
issue.

Thanks for any help,

Pat
1 answer Last reply
More about k7n2 delta boot light bracket

    "Pat G." <grismore@one.net> wrote in message
    > I leave this machine ON all the time, so when I went to use it, it
    > seamed to be locked up. Upon reboot the D-Bracket hangs with the #4
    > lit up in Red. I thought it might be a Power Supply problem, so I
    > replaced the PS to one with a proper 12v connector. Also tried a
    > different CPU, with the same results. Anyone else ever have this
    > issue.
    >
    > Thanks for any help,
    >
    > Pat

    Pat,
    According to the manual, a red #4 led means "testing RTC" and
    officially means the lithium battery voltage is low (unlikely because these
    normally last for years) - but it is also possible that it just froze on
    that test. The next test would have been the video card - so try re-seating
    the card and also try re-seating the memory.
    If it still fails, try unplugging other cards and cables to cdrom etc to
    eliminate them. Try re-setting the bios (jumper). Finally, try a different
    video card and memory if you have them.

    Dave

MSI-Microstar Motherboards