K7N2 Delta won't boot one red light on d-bracket

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 14, 2004 12:31:38 PM

I leave this machine ON all the time, so when I went to use it, it
seamed to be locked up. Upon reboot the D-Bracket hangs with the #4
lit up in Red. I thought it might be a Power Supply problem, so I
replaced the PS to one with a proper 12v connector. Also tried a
different CPU, with the same results. Anyone else ever have this
issue.

Thanks for any help,

Pat
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 15, 2004 12:59:13 AM

"Pat G." <grismore@one.net> wrote in message
> I leave this machine ON all the time, so when I went to use it, it
> seamed to be locked up. Upon reboot the D-Bracket hangs with the #4
> lit up in Red. I thought it might be a Power Supply problem, so I
> replaced the PS to one with a proper 12v connector. Also tried a
> different CPU, with the same results. Anyone else ever have this
> issue.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Pat

Pat,
According to the manual, a red #4 led means "testing RTC" and
officially means the lithium battery voltage is low (unlikely because these
normally last for years) - but it is also possible that it just froze on
that test. The next test would have been the video card - so try re-seating
the card and also try re-seating the memory.
If it still fails, try unplugging other cards and cables to cdrom etc to
eliminate them. Try re-setting the bios (jumper). Finally, try a different
video card and memory if you have them.

Dave
!