Compressed Files

Ok, this is about compressed files. First of all, I put a compressed file
into my documents. I THEN added some personal files into ANOTHER compressed
file and placed that within the first compressed file. So we'll go by file1
and file2 for the compressed files. 1 being the external and 2 being
internal. Anyways, my problem: I have #1 password protected so that #2
couldnt be opened or moved, but then I decided to move #2 to my desktop by
means of left clicking on it to select it, then dragging it to my desktop
with the right button and clicking "move here". When I cliked it the Enter
Password dialog box came up. I entered the password correctly but then the
file never showed up on my desktop and it disappeared from my documents and
from the interior of #1. I was wondering if anyone could PLEASE tell me where
the file went to (and its not in my recycle bin) cause I have some very
precious and personal files that I lost. Or maybe you can recommend a file
retriever that I can use to get it back even though it has been missing for
around a month (I've been searching for it all this time). But thanks for all
the help the files I lost are truly irreplaceable. Thanks for any help.

Absolutely no idea what you did to/with it. If in fact it is an
"irreplacable file" then the backup copy you put in your security box at
the bank is going to come in handy about now.

SterileInfection wrote:

> Ok, this is about compressed files. First of all, I put a compressed file
> into my documents. I THEN added some personal files into ANOTHER compressed
> file and placed that within the first compressed file. So we'll go by file1
> and file2 for the compressed files. 1 being the external and 2 being
> internal. Anyways, my problem: I have #1 password protected so that #2
> couldnt be opened or moved, but then I decided to move #2 to my desktop by
> means of left clicking on it to select it, then dragging it to my desktop
> with the right button and clicking "move here". When I cliked it the Enter
> Password dialog box came up. I entered the password correctly but then the
> file never showed up on my desktop and it disappeared from my documents and
> from the interior of #1. I was wondering if anyone could PLEASE tell me where
> the file went to (and its not in my recycle bin) cause I have some very
> precious and personal files that I lost. Or maybe you can recommend a file
> retriever that I can use to get it back even though it has been missing for
> around a month (I've been searching for it all this time). But thanks for all
> the help the files I lost are truly irreplaceable. Thanks for any help.

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:13:01 -0800, "SterileInfection"
<SterileInfection@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Ok, this is about compressed files. First of all, I put a compressed file
>into my documents. I THEN added some personal files into ANOTHER compressed
>file and placed that within the first compressed file. So we'll go by file1
>and file2 for the compressed files. 1 being the external and 2 being
>internal. Anyways, my problem: I have #1 password protected so that #2
>couldnt be opened or moved, but then I decided to move #2 to my desktop by
>means of left clicking on it to select it, then dragging it to my desktop
>with the right button and clicking "move here". When I cliked it the Enter
>Password dialog box came up. I entered the password correctly but then the
>file never showed up on my desktop and it disappeared from my documents and
>from the interior of #1. I was wondering if anyone could PLEASE tell me where
>the file went to (and its not in my recycle bin) cause I have some very
>precious and personal files that I lost. Or maybe you can recommend a file
>retriever that I can use to get it back even though it has been missing for
>around a month (I've been searching for it all this time). But thanks for all
>the help the files I lost are truly irreplaceable. Thanks for any help.

No, what this is about is a misplaced post. What does this have to do
with XP and hardware? Or even XP at all?