Installing windows using unattended and bat files....

but, when I get to machines that have a SCSI drive of some type the computer
crashes midway through the install of XP OS. What is happening and what can I
do to remedy it.
3 answers Last reply
More about installing windows unattended files

    In order to use SCSI drives the driver files must be available to Windows:
    all too simple.

    Not driver files then no disk is recognised! Install fails. You get upset.
    SImple as 1,2,3!

    "IEFmember" wrote:

    > but, when I get to machines that have a SCSI drive of some type the computer
    > crashes midway through the install of XP OS. What is happening and what can I
    > do to remedy it.

    Thats what I figured. Is there a way that I can stuff the drivers into a cab
    file? But the question is will windows search for them or will it just fail
    the install again?

    "BAR" wrote:

    > In order to use SCSI drives the driver files must be available to Windows:
    > all too simple.
    >
    > Not driver files then no disk is recognised! Install fails. You get upset.
    > SImple as 1,2,3!
    >
    > "IEFmember" wrote:
    >
    > > but, when I get to machines that have a SCSI drive of some type the computer
    > > crashes midway through the install of XP OS. What is happening and what can I
    > > do to remedy it.

    you'll have to put the location of the drivers on your unattend disk.

Microsoft Windows XP