HP Laserjet 1300 flashing LED - help!?

I was given an apparently functional HP Laserjet 1300 with no manual.
Toner is in place, paper cart in place, etc. But one of the smaller
LED's flashes amber continuously. I cannot get it to print.

Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks.

bp
2 answers Last reply
More about laserjet 1300 flashing help

    Door open front or side, no media, no print cartridge or media jam.

    This is from the manual for the amber light flashing.

    Phil

    "Blake Patterson" <blakespot@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I was given an apparently functional HP Laserjet 1300 with no manual.
    > Toner is in place, paper cart in place, etc. But one of the smaller
    > LED's flashes amber continuously. I cannot get it to print.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks.
    >

    > bp
  2. I ran into this problem with the amber flashing light on my customer's 1300n. I tried several things including: changing the cartridge, checking all paper sensors, door switches, and changing the fuser. But the last thing I did before the printer started working again was to hold down the front panel button during power on. I must have reset something, because it is working fine now. I put all of the original parts back in, and the printer is running fine.

    pfcsupplies

Printers Hewlett Packard LED Monitor Laserjet Peripherals