How to check the ID of my Lan Card

January 28, 2005 2:43:18 AM

Dear all,

How to check the ID of my Lan Card please?

ims

More about : check lan card

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 2:43:19 AM

What ID? Use "ipconfig /?" in a CMD windows to see the details of the
configuration of the LAN card(s).

"ims" <kft_icq@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> How to check the ID of my Lan Card please?
>
> ims

January 28, 2005 2:43:20 AM

IPCONFIG will give you:
DNS Suffix
IP address
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway

If you are looking to identify its MAC Address, this should be on a label
printed in a similar manner to the Serial Number.

If you want this and can't 'see' it on the NIC, then get Belarc Adviser and
it will provide a full system audit.

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> What ID? Use "ipconfig /?" in a CMD windows to see the details of the
> configuration of the LAN card(s).
>
> "ims" <kft_icq@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> > Dear all,
> >
> > How to check the ID of my Lan Card please?
> >
> > ims

January 28, 2005 2:43:21 AM

IPConfig will also tell you the MAC address, if you use the /all
switch.

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:41:04 -0800, BAR
<BAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>IPCONFIG will give you:
>DNS Suffix
>IP address
>Subnet Mask
>Default Gateway
>
>If you are looking to identify its MAC Address, this should be on a label
>printed in a similar manner to the Serial Number.
>
>If you want this and can't 'see' it on the NIC, then get Belarc Adviser and
>it will provide a full system audit.
>

>"Yves Leclerc" wrote:
>
>> What ID? Use "ipconfig /?" in a CMD windows to see the details of the
>> configuration of the LAN card(s).
>>
>> "ims" <kft_icq@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>> > Dear all,
>> >
>> > How to check the ID of my Lan Card please?
>> >
>> > ims

Anonymous
January 28, 2005 2:56:09 PM

Run MSINFO32 then navigate to Components, Network, Adapter, MAC Address

BAR wrote:

> IPCONFIG will give you:
> DNS Suffix
> IP address
> Subnet Mask
> Default Gateway
>
> If you are looking to identify its MAC Address, this should be on a label
> printed in a similar manner to the Serial Number.
>
> If you want this and can't 'see' it on the NIC, then get Belarc Adviser and
> it will provide a full system audit.
>

> "Yves Leclerc" wrote:
>

>>What ID? Use "ipconfig /?" in a CMD windows to see the details of the
>>configuration of the LAN card(s).
>>
>>"ims" <kft_icq@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Dear all,
>>>
>>>How to check the ID of my Lan Card please?
>>>
>>>ims

January 29, 2005 5:23:33 AM

Be Elaborate on ur Questions Pls. The Lan Card does not have a ID --
its called MAC Address or Hardware Address

Ipconfig /all will give u the MAC Address

--
mehargags
mehargags's Profile: http://forums.tech-arena.com/member.php?userid=4543