How to check the ID of my Lan Card

Dear all,

How to check the ID of my Lan Card please?

ims
5 answers Last reply
More about check card

    What ID? Use "ipconfig /?" in a CMD windows to see the details of the
    configuration of the LAN card(s).

    "ims" <kft_icq@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    >
    > How to check the ID of my Lan Card please?
    >
    > ims

    IPCONFIG will give you:
    DNS Suffix
    IP address
    Subnet Mask
    Default Gateway

    If you are looking to identify its MAC Address, this should be on a label
    printed in a similar manner to the Serial Number.

    If you want this and can't 'see' it on the NIC, then get Belarc Adviser and
    it will provide a full system audit.

    "Yves Leclerc" wrote:

    > What ID? Use "ipconfig /?" in a CMD windows to see the details of the
    > configuration of the LAN card(s).
    >
    > "ims" <kft_icq@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    > > Dear all,
    > >
    > > How to check the ID of my Lan Card please?
    > >
    > > ims

    IPConfig will also tell you the MAC address, if you use the /all
    switch.

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:41:04 -0800, BAR
    <BAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >IPCONFIG will give you:
    >DNS Suffix
    >IP address
    >Subnet Mask
    >Default Gateway
    >
    >If you are looking to identify its MAC Address, this should be on a label
    >printed in a similar manner to the Serial Number.
    >
    >If you want this and can't 'see' it on the NIC, then get Belarc Adviser and
    >it will provide a full system audit.
    >

    >"Yves Leclerc" wrote:
    >
    >> What ID? Use "ipconfig /?" in a CMD windows to see the details of the
    >> configuration of the LAN card(s).
    >>
    >> "ims" <kft_icq@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    >> > Dear all,
    >> >
    >> > How to check the ID of my Lan Card please?
    >> >
    >> > ims

    Run MSINFO32 then navigate to Components, Network, Adapter, MAC Address

    BAR wrote:

    > IPCONFIG will give you:
    > DNS Suffix
    > IP address
    > Subnet Mask
    > Default Gateway
    >
    > If you are looking to identify its MAC Address, this should be on a label
    > printed in a similar manner to the Serial Number.
    >
    > If you want this and can't 'see' it on the NIC, then get Belarc Adviser and
    > it will provide a full system audit.
    >

    > "Yves Leclerc" wrote:
    >

    >>What ID? Use "ipconfig /?" in a CMD windows to see the details of the
    >>configuration of the LAN card(s).
    >>
    >>"ims" <kft_icq@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Dear all,
    >>>
    >>>How to check the ID of my Lan Card please?
    >>>
    >>>ims

    Be Elaborate on ur Questions Pls. The Lan Card does not have a ID --
    its called MAC Address or Hardware Address

    Ipconfig /all will give u the MAC Address

    --
    mehargags
    mehargags's Profile: http://forums.tech-arena.com/member.php?userid=4543

Hardware LAN Microsoft Windows XP