Hi!

Has anyone ever heard of this mobo that can be found in Compaq Evo D350?
Microstar MS-6541 v1.0

I could use a BIOS update, some specs (CPU/DDR support) and a user's
manual...

BIOS can be found at Compaq page (without description), but on the MSI's web
this mobo doesn't exist.

Maybe some tech/unofficial bios anywhere?
Maybe anyone knows of some identical boards not from Compaq?

Glenn

Also used in D310.

If you want me to email you some documents I have found let me know.

Glenn

"John Smith" <johnny.smithelsson@siol.net> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Has anyone ever heard of this mobo that can be found in Compaq Evo D350?
> Microstar MS-6541 v1.0
>
> I could use a BIOS update, some specs (CPU/DDR support) and a user's
> manual...
>
> BIOS can be found at Compaq page (without description), but on the MSI's
web
> this mobo doesn't exist.
>
> Maybe some tech/unofficial bios anywhere?
> Maybe anyone knows of some identical boards not from Compaq?

Mizzy

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
I'm also in the same situation as John, I have a Compaq Evo D310 though.....with a MS-6541 v1.0 motherboard.

I have searched everywhere for a manual, BIOS update and some specs (CPU/DDR support). To no avail.

I would appreciate any help or info anyone can give me. My email is miz-understood@hotmail.com. It would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Mizzy

> Has anyone ever heard of this mobo that can be found in Compaq Evo D350?
> Microstar MS-6541 v1.0
>
> I could use a BIOS update, some specs (CPU/DDR support) and a user's
> manual...
>
> BIOS can be found at Compaq page (without description), but on the MSI's
web
> this mobo doesn't exist.
>
> Maybe some tech/unofficial bios anywhere?
> Maybe anyone knows of some identical boards not from Compaq?

robjwills

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Hi

I have a MS-6541 board, does anyone have any documentation?
especially front panel connector pinouts?

Thanks

Rob

GamesMasterLive

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Yea I got this board, old banger that it is but it has to be said it’s a rock solid board “typical MSI quality”, sadly there is no manual for it lol trust me I’ve looked, I had to loose my Compaq case in favour of a bigger case due to the need of several hard drives and more space for cooling, I connected mine up though trial and error but managed to connect the basics, still cant wire up the reset switch but then again that wasn’t an option on the old case so not to fussed, if anyone’s having difficulty then I’ve done a little write up on the board with pin outs for “Power”, “HD Light”, “Power Light” and front USB connections, enjoy!

MS6541.gif

hello everybody,
Please i have the same problem with my evo d310 and needed to change the case. Since i fixed i couldn't boot, it's giving me 3 beeps so i m thinking it's the graphic cards...SIS 305. I tried a new one but cannot see it though i can ear the pc boot, HDD processor fans eveything seems to be working fine but the monitor is giving me no signal power message...
A friend told me I need to reset the bios...should i clear the cmos?where is the jumper located on the board...it's a ms-6541 ver:1.0 but i cannot see any jumper labelled clear cmos? :eek:
I search the net all over around and couldn't see any usefull infos, not even compaq nor msi websites...where can i find the appropriate software to flash the bios?
what should i do?
please help i cannot do anything since 5 days!!!!!!!!
thankx in advance
aldac12**at**yahoo.com