MSI K8T Master 2 - FAR - can opteron 248 run by itself on ..

I have an MSI KT8 Master 2-FAR.
Currently running an FX-51 CPU in slot 0 and nothing in slot 1.
I'd like to know if I can swap out my FX-51 for an Opteron 248 or 250 and
that CPU will run by itself fine until I can snag another one to have the
smooth dual goodness?

--
Scotter

Usually, on dual processor boards, if you are only using one processor, you
have to terminal the other processor slot not being used; but I would check
the MSI site.

BBoppie

"Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> I have an MSI KT8 Master 2-FAR.
> Currently running an FX-51 CPU in slot 0 and nothing in slot 1.
> I'd like to know if I can swap out my FX-51 for an Opteron 248 or 250 and
> that CPU will run by itself fine until I can snag another one to have the
> smooth dual goodness?
>

> --
> Scotter

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

On Thu, 20 May 2004 12:33:39 GMT, "Boppie" <BBoppie@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Usually, on dual processor boards, if you are only using one processor, you
>have to terminal the other processor slot not being used;

That's the Intel WAY, not the AMD way. Intel requires it because of
their SHARED BUS. AMD doesn't because of the Direct Connect
(Hypertransport) Bus.

The MSI board can run a single Opteron 2xx with the CPU #1 socket
open.

Steve

>but I would check the MSI site.
>
>BBoppie
>

>"Scotter" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>> I have an MSI KT8 Master 2-FAR.
>> Currently running an FX-51 CPU in slot 0 and nothing in slot 1.
>> I'd like to know if I can swap out my FX-51 for an Opteron 248 or 250 and
>> that CPU will run by itself fine until I can snag another one to have the
>> smooth dual goodness?
>>

>> --
>> Scotter

TRENDING THREADS