KT6V-LSR support IDE Raid ??

Just ordered myself one of these boards and was wondering if it
supports IDE Raid besides the SATA Raid ? I read on a couple of forums
that it does but there does not seem to be any mention of this on the
MSI website.

Does anyone know if this board has been reviewed ? I can't seem to
find a comprehensive review on the net..

And last....I currently own a KT3 Ultra2 board and want to swap it
over for the KT6V in my pc. Would I be able to do this and install the
drivers of the board (on top of the KT3 ones) and get it to work
without reinstalling W2K ?

I've just bought a KT6V-LSR these to replace a burnt out board, but haven't
fitted it yet. I'm intending to fit the board on Saturday. If I find an
answer to you question I'll post it here.

NO SPAM

On 21 May 2004 09:39:35 -0700, bas75@o2.co.uk (bas alberink) wrote:

>Just ordered myself one of these boards and was wondering if it
>supports IDE Raid besides the SATA Raid ? I read on a couple of forums
>that it does but there does not seem to be any mention of this on the
>MSI website.
>
>Does anyone know if this board has been reviewed ? I can't seem to
>find a comprehensive review on the net..
>
>And last....I currently own a KT3 Ultra2 board and want to swap it
>over for the KT6V in my pc. Would I be able to do this and install the
>drivers of the board (on top of the KT3 ones) and get it to work
>without reinstalling W2K ?

Gollum

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2001

On 21 May 2004 09:39:35 -0700, bas75@o2.co.uk (bas alberink) wrote:

>Just ordered myself one of these boards and was wondering if it
>supports IDE Raid besides the SATA Raid ? I read on a couple of forums
>that it does but there does not seem to be any mention of this on the
>MSI website.
>
>Does anyone know if this board has been reviewed ? I can't seem to
>find a comprehensive review on the net..
>
>And last....I currently own a KT3 Ultra2 board and want to swap it
>over for the KT6V in my pc. Would I be able to do this and install the
>drivers of the board (on top of the KT3 ones) and get it to work
>without reinstalling W2K ?

hI,

The KT6 Delta comes in three versions

KT6 Delta LSR Lan Serial ATA Raid ( SERIAL ONLY)

KT6 Delta FISR Firewire Serial ATA Raid and Lan ( even though
it doen't have the L in the name)

KT6 Delta FIS2R FW Sata Raid and Promise Raid ( 2R = 2 Raid)
Lan

The LSR, which I have, doesn't have the promise raid controller or
firewire.

Gollum

TRENDING THREADS