Help! I have a trojan and it wont let me get to it!

I've done spybots and everything, it tracks it, but the destination has to be
in a hidden file and I can't get to it... When I click search, its results go
: not looking in hidden files. I need help! Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about help trojan wont

    Try running your spybots and everything from Safe Mode.

    "J" <J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've done spybots and everything, it tracks it, but the destination has to
    > be
    > in a hidden file and I can't get to it... When I click search, its results
    > go
    > : not looking in hidden files. I need help! Thanks!

    Jerry,
    I did that, and sure enough, it found yet another trojan, but I got that one
    removed.. theres something tricky (and scary) about this one.. I was just
    giong to reformat my computer, and re-install windows, but when I stick in
    the CD, it says that I have a newer version on my computer than what is on
    the disk... Any suggestions?

    "Jerry" wrote:

    > Try running your spybots and everything from Safe Mode.
    >
    > "J" <J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I've done spybots and everything, it tracks it, but the destination has to
    > > be
    > > in a hidden file and I can't get to it... When I click search, its results
    > > go
    > > : not looking in hidden files. I need help! Thanks!

    Carey,
    Thanks so much for your advice... I'm not completely computer literate, but
    it seems like great advice, I'm going to fiddle with it, and if I know I
    can't do it, I'm going to take it to a technician tomorrow (costing me an arm
    and a leg!). I bought norton antivirus 2005, and it didn't pick it up, which
    surprised me.. Thanks again for the advice and wish me luck!

    J wrote:
    > Carey,
    > Thanks so much for your advice... I'm not completely computer literate, but
    > it seems like great advice, I'm going to fiddle with it, and if I know I
    > can't do it, I'm going to take it to a technician tomorrow (costing me an arm
    > and a leg!). I bought norton antivirus 2005, and it didn't pick it up, which
    > surprised me.. Thanks again for the advice and wish me luck!
    >
    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    >

    >>Perform a "Clean Install". The virus has irreversibly
    >>compromised your system.
    >>
    >>Clean Install Windows XP
    >>http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html
    >>
    >>After performing a "Clean Install", consider purchasing and
    >>installing a first-rate Internet Security program to help protect
    >>your system from garbage internet web sites:
    >>
    >>Norton Internet Security 2005
    >>http://www.symantec.com/sabu/nis/nis_pe/features.html
    >>
    >>--
    >>Carey Frisch
    >>Microsoft MVP
    >>Windows XP - Shell/User
    >>
    >>Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx

    >>"J" wrote:
    >>
    >>| I've done spybots and everything, it tracks it, but the destination has to be
    >>| in a hidden file and I can't get to it... When I click search, its results go
    >>| : not looking in hidden files. I need help! Thanks!

    I am not the brightest when it comes to computers, I have found that I
    can go to "Symantec", "TrendMicro" and few others on line that have
    helped me remove Trojans when nothing else worked.
    May Save you a lot of time, stress and money.
    Good Luck and let us know how it turned out.

    Dan(Still going in circles)

Trojan Windows XP