DVD rom rewriter trouble

have recently purchased a dvd rewriter everything fine until yesterday.Have
Nero installed,and when i came to copy onto cd disc,drive will not
recognise;it will recognise a dvd but not a cd.!
please help pulling hair out.Have tried to system restore but have not got a
restore point to go to.
Have uninstalled then reinstalled everything connected with drive but with
no joy.
HELP.
1 answer Last reply
More about rewriter trouble

    Uninstall Nero.

    If the DVD RW is then accessible for Windows XP to read and write data
    files, then download STOMP RECORD NOW MAX.

    Nero seems to prevent Windows from recognising blank media in drives,
    generally they can be recognised only in Nero. This causes conflicts.

    I have not seen any of these problems with STOMP.

    "sam" wrote:

    > have recently purchased a dvd rewriter everything fine until yesterday.Have
    > Nero installed,and when i came to copy onto cd disc,drive will not
    > recognise;it will recognise a dvd but not a cd.!
    > please help pulling hair out.Have tried to system restore but have not got a
    > restore point to go to.
    > Have uninstalled then reinstalled everything connected with drive but with
    > no joy.
    > HELP.

DVD Drives Windows XP