Restore CHD to actual Hard Drive

I have an actual wayne 3d hockey, with a bad drive,
anyone know what i need to do to use a mame chd to restore?
anyone done this before?

Thanks

Terry

"Terry Edwards" <terry@REMOVEvirtualsolutions.ca> wrote in

> I have an actual wayne 3d hockey, with a bad drive,
> anyone know what i need to do to use a mame chd to restore?
> anyone done this before?

There is a command to write the image right to a hard drive, but I don't
know what it is.

What I did was extract the image with chdman.exe, and used the Linux DD
command to write it to the drive. You can likely do this with a bootable
CD or perhaps a bootdisk.

Assuming the image is on /dev/hda1, in the root dir, and the recipient
drive is on /dev/hdc. Mount the drive on /mnt:

mount /dev/hda1 /mnt (you may need the -t parameter, and you'll have to
specify the filesystem type)

cd /mnt

dd if=wg3dh.raw of=/dev/hdc

It'll take some time. Go get a burger or something.

IIRC if the write was successful there will be no error messages.
--
Do you want a free Gaming Console?
http://consoles.prizecube.com/?ref=12216

"Terry Edwards" <terry@REMOVEvirtualsolutions.ca> wrote in news:vvZVd.53492$Vf6.1451118@news20.bellglobal.com:

> I have an actual wayne 3d hockey, with a bad drive,
> anyone know what i need to do to use a mame chd to restore?
> anyone done this before?

Here's a thread:

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=25747&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1&new=1109902775

--