Restore CHD to actual Hard Drive

I have an actual wayne 3d hockey, with a bad drive,
anyone know what i need to do to use a mame chd to restore?
anyone done this before?

Thanks

Terry
2 answers Last reply
More about restore actual hard drive

    "Terry Edwards" <terry@REMOVEvirtualsolutions.ca> wrote in

    > I have an actual wayne 3d hockey, with a bad drive,
    > anyone know what i need to do to use a mame chd to restore?
    > anyone done this before?

    There is a command to write the image right to a hard drive, but I don't
    know what it is.

    What I did was extract the image with chdman.exe, and used the Linux DD
    command to write it to the drive. You can likely do this with a bootable
    CD or perhaps a bootdisk.

    Assuming the image is on /dev/hda1, in the root dir, and the recipient
    drive is on /dev/hdc. Mount the drive on /mnt:

    mount /dev/hda1 /mnt (you may need the -t parameter, and you'll have to
    specify the filesystem type)

    cd /mnt

    dd if=wg3dh.raw of=/dev/hdc

    It'll take some time. Go get a burger or something.

    IIRC if the write was successful there will be no error messages.
    --
    Do you want a free Gaming Console?
    http://consoles.prizecube.com/?ref=12216

    "Terry Edwards" <terry@REMOVEvirtualsolutions.ca> wrote in news:vvZVd.53492$Vf6.1451118@news20.bellglobal.com:

    > I have an actual wayne 3d hockey, with a bad drive,
    > anyone know what i need to do to use a mame chd to restore?
    > anyone done this before?

    Here's a thread:

    http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=25747&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1&new=1109902775

    --