Cannot Login to Recovery Console!!!

On bootup get BlueScreenofDeath with the message about a corrupt
C:\windows\system32\config\software file...

Followed Microsoft KB 307545 to use recovery console (admin password blank).
Started moving C:\windows\repair files to C:\windows\sys32\config directory.
But no C:\windows\repair\system file - so left that one alone.

Now I am stuck in reboots with error message (lsass.exe) "an invalid
parameter was passed to a service or function.

The BIGGEST PROBLEM NOW is I cannot get into the recovery console - the
blank password is not working. I HOPE AND PRAY THAT THERE IS A SOLUTION at
least to get my somewhat corrupt files back in place (at least I could
login). Thanks a bunch,

Janice
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot login recovery console

    have you tried booting to "last known good"? or maybe into "safe mode"?

    Yes, I tried that before messing with the recovery console in the first
    place. But the corrupt C:\windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE hive file
    prevented it...

    I am very concerned that I will never get into the recovery console, much
    less the system to try to recover files, etc...

    "EasyFeelings" wrote:

    > have you tried booting to "last known good"? or maybe into "safe mode"?

    Hi -

    Why don't you just do a repair install? That should replace the corrupt
    files. It's a very simple process. Boot to the WinXP CD and follow the on
    screen instructions if you were gonna setup XP for the first time and after
    you accept the agreement, choose "R" for repair - not going through the
    recovery console. Hope this helps.

    Newtechie

    "Janice" <Janice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Yes, I tried that before messing with the recovery console in the first
    > place. But the corrupt C:\windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE hive file
    > prevented it...
    >
    > I am very concerned that I will never get into the recovery console, much
    > less the system to try to recover files, etc...
    >
    > "EasyFeelings" wrote:
    >
    >> have you tried booting to "last known good"? or maybe into "safe mode"?

Configuration Microsoft Recovery Console Windows XP