USB2.0 CardBus PC Card (NEC) - problems

My card looks an awful lot like this one,
http://homepage.mac.com/elipman/.cv/elipman/Public/extremepcgear_1821_17975259AF97-link.gen
accept it's the USB 2.0 only model. Same label design (i.e. maker),
but mine doesn't have firewire.

Even plugging in a logitech mouse, model m-ba47, will manage to fail.
Sure seems like the built in drivers that windows loaded for this
device are failing to support even as simple device as a mouse.
http://homepage.mac.com/elipman/.cv/elipman/Public/mouse.JPG-link.JPG

http://homepage.mac.com/elipman/.cv/elipman/Public/pcmcia_usb2.JPG-link.JPG
- here's a shot of what my installed drivers for the pcmcia card look
like.

I'm running this on a sony scp-sr17k. Anybody have some drivers
tips/tricks/workarounds for this card that will get things working more
smoothly?

Thanks,
Ethan
2 answers Last reply
More about usb2 cardbus card problems

    Try opening device mgr.,scroll down to usb,controllers,R.click one at a
    time,then
    select,update drivers,do for each.You might go thru all board controllers and
    do this for all.

    "hupjack@excite.com" wrote:

    > My card looks an awful lot like this one,
    > http://homepage.mac.com/elipman/.cv/elipman/Public/extremepcgear_1821_17975259AF97-link.gen
    > accept it's the USB 2.0 only model. Same label design (i.e. maker),
    > but mine doesn't have firewire.
    >
    > Even plugging in a logitech mouse, model m-ba47, will manage to fail.
    > Sure seems like the built in drivers that windows loaded for this
    > device are failing to support even as simple device as a mouse.
    > http://homepage.mac.com/elipman/.cv/elipman/Public/mouse.JPG-link.JPG
    >
    > http://homepage.mac.com/elipman/.cv/elipman/Public/pcmcia_usb2.JPG-link.JPG
    > - here's a shot of what my installed drivers for the pcmcia card look
    > like.
    >
    > I'm running this on a sony scp-sr17k. Anybody have some drivers
    > tips/tricks/workarounds for this card that will get things working more
    > smoothly?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ethan

    turned out to be power related.. After feeding the card extra power
    with a power cable that taps off your usb port, it behaved more
    appropriately. Maybe updated drivers would still do better.. make it
    work even when I don't tap off the usb port for power

    Andrew E. wrote:
    > Try opening device mgr.,scroll down to usb,controllers,R.click one at
    > time,then
    > select,update drivers,do for each.You might go thru all board
    controllers and
    > do this for all.
    >
    > "hupjack@excite.com" wrote:
    >
    > > My card looks an awful lot like this one,

    http://homepage.mac.com/elipman/.cv/elipman/Public/extremepcgear_1821_17975259AF97-link.gen
    > > accept it's the USB 2.0 only model. Same label design (i.e.
    maker),
    > > but mine doesn't have firewire.
    > >
    > > Even plugging in a logitech mouse, model m-ba47, will manage to
    fail.
    > > Sure seems like the built in drivers that windows loaded for this
    > > device are failing to support even as simple device as a mouse.

    http://homepage.mac.com/elipman/.cv/elipman/Public/mouse.JPG-link.JPG

    http://homepage.mac.com/elipman/.cv/elipman/Public/pcmcia_usb2.JPG-link.JPG
    > > - here's a shot of what my installed drivers for the pcmcia card
    look
    > > like.
    > >
    > > I'm running this on a sony scp-sr17k. Anybody have some drivers
    > > tips/tricks/workarounds for this card that will get things working
    more
    > > smoothly?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Ethan