USB2.0 CardBus PC Card (NEC) - problems

January 29, 2005 1:41:14 AM

My card looks an awful lot like this one,
http://homepage.mac.com/elipman/.cv/elipman/Public/extr...
accept it's the USB 2.0 only model. Same label design (i.e. maker),
but mine doesn't have firewire.

Even plugging in a logitech mouse, model m-ba47, will manage to fail.
Sure seems like the built in drivers that windows loaded for this
device are failing to support even as simple device as a mouse.
http://homepage.mac.com/elipman/.cv/elipman/Public/mous...

http://homepage.mac.com/elipman/.cv/elipman/Public/pcmc...
- here's a shot of what my installed drivers for the pcmcia card look
like.

I'm running this on a sony scp-sr17k. Anybody have some drivers
tips/tricks/workarounds for this card that will get things working more
smoothly?

Thanks,
Ethan
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 2:43:03 PM

Try opening device mgr.,scroll down to usb,controllers,R.click one at a
time,then
select,update drivers,do for each.You might go thru all board controllers and
do this for all.

"hupjack@excite.com" wrote:

> My card looks an awful lot like this one,
> http://homepage.mac.com/elipman/.cv/elipman/Public/extr...
> accept it's the USB 2.0 only model. Same label design (i.e. maker),
> but mine doesn't have firewire.
>
> Even plugging in a logitech mouse, model m-ba47, will manage to fail.
> Sure seems like the built in drivers that windows loaded for this
> device are failing to support even as simple device as a mouse.
> http://homepage.mac.com/elipman/.cv/elipman/Public/mous...
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/elipman/.cv/elipman/Public/pcmc...
> - here's a shot of what my installed drivers for the pcmcia card look
> like.
>
> I'm running this on a sony scp-sr17k. Anybody have some drivers
> tips/tricks/workarounds for this card that will get things working more
> smoothly?
>
> Thanks,
> Ethan

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 4:01:28 PM

turned out to be power related.. After feeding the card extra power
with a power cable that taps off your usb port, it behaved more
appropriately. Maybe updated drivers would still do better.. make it
work even when I don't tap off the usb port for power

!