DVD Rewriter Problem

Hello

Anyone out there able to come up with a solution to my DVD rewriter unable
to read any CDR/CDRW's. I have tried with troubleshooting DVD Rom's,
different media types, etc. DVD drive used to be able to read CDR/CDRW's then
all of a sudden stopped. Tried in other PC, still the same. Updated firmware.
DVD Rewriter: Samsung TS-H552B
Running winXP. Processor AMD 3500, 1GB Ram, 200GB HDD.

Please help

Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about rewriter problem

    Defective cd laser?

    r.

    "Shooter" <Shooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > Anyone out there able to come up with a solution to my DVD rewriter unable
    > to read any CDR/CDRW's. I have tried with troubleshooting DVD Rom's,
    > different media types, etc. DVD drive used to be able to read CDR/CDRW's
    > then
    > all of a sudden stopped. Tried in other PC, still the same. Updated
    > firmware.
    > DVD Rewriter: Samsung TS-H552B
    > Running winXP. Processor AMD 3500, 1GB Ram, 200GB HDD.
    >
    > Please help
    >
    > Thanks.

    Hi

    It can not be a defective cd laser as it reads and writes DVD's and tries to
    read CDR/CDRW's by flashing away but comes to stop after a while without
    successful reading.

    Any other suggestions please?

    "namniar" wrote:

    > Defective cd laser?
    >
    > r.
    >
    > "Shooter" <Shooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > Anyone out there able to come up with a solution to my DVD rewriter unable
    > > to read any CDR/CDRW's. I have tried with troubleshooting DVD Rom's,
    > > different media types, etc. DVD drive used to be able to read CDR/CDRW's
    > > then
    > > all of a sudden stopped. Tried in other PC, still the same. Updated
    > > firmware.
    > > DVD Rewriter: Samsung TS-H552B
    > > Running winXP. Processor AMD 3500, 1GB Ram, 200GB HDD.
    > >
    > > Please help
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    they are different lasers.

    > Hi
    >
    > It can not be a defective cd laser as it reads and writes DVD's and tries
    > read CDR/CDRW's by flashing away but comes to stop after a while without
    > successful reading.
    >
    > Any other suggestions please?
    >
    > "namniar" wrote:
    >
    >> Defective cd laser?
    >>
    >> r.
    >>
    >> "Shooter" <Shooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hello
    >> >
    >> > Anyone out there able to come up with a solution to my DVD rewriter
    >> > unable
    >> > to read any CDR/CDRW's. I have tried with troubleshooting DVD Rom's,
    >> > different media types, etc. DVD drive used to be able to read
    >> > CDR/CDRW's
    >> > then
    >> > all of a sudden stopped. Tried in other PC, still the same. Updated
    >> > firmware.
    >> > DVD Rewriter: Samsung TS-H552B
    >> > Running winXP. Processor AMD 3500, 1GB Ram, 200GB HDD.
    >> >
    >> > Please help
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.

    You say it won't read CD's - what about DVD's, do they work? If yes, then
    it's possibly a software/driver problem. If the darn thing won't read
    anything, replace it - that one's kaput.

    But - try a lens-cleaner CD first, might sort it out. (never known it happen
    yet on a totally "dead" drive, but, hope springs eternal!)
    Len.

    "Shooter" <Shooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > Anyone out there able to come up with a solution to my DVD rewriter unable
    > to read any CDR/CDRW's. I have tried with troubleshooting DVD Rom's,
    > different media types, etc. DVD drive used to be able to read CDR/CDRW's
    > then
    > all of a sudden stopped. Tried in other PC, still the same. Updated
    > firmware.
    > DVD Rewriter: Samsung TS-H552B
    > Running winXP. Processor AMD 3500, 1GB Ram, 200GB HDD.
    >
    > Please help
    >
    > Thanks.

    What driver do I replace apart from the firmware from maufacturers website?
    What web sites?

    Thanks

    "yabbadoo" wrote:

    > You say it won't read CD's - what about DVD's, do they work? If yes, then
    > it's possibly a software/driver problem. If the darn thing won't read
    > anything, replace it - that one's kaput.
    >
    > But - try a lens-cleaner CD first, might sort it out. (never known it happen
    > yet on a totally "dead" drive, but, hope springs eternal!)
    > Len.
    >
    > "Shooter" <Shooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > Anyone out there able to come up with a solution to my DVD rewriter unable
    > > to read any CDR/CDRW's. I have tried with troubleshooting DVD Rom's,
    > > different media types, etc. DVD drive used to be able to read CDR/CDRW's
    > > then
    > > all of a sudden stopped. Tried in other PC, still the same. Updated
    > > firmware.
    > > DVD Rewriter: Samsung TS-H552B
    > > Running winXP. Processor AMD 3500, 1GB Ram, 200GB HDD.
    > >
    > > Please help
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    sorry for butting in but i seem to have the same problem,my liteon dvd
    rw will play dvds but not cd's-won't even recognise them.
    have uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail,have been in contact with
    liteon who advised me to install dvd drive in different pc/os and if it does
    not work advise me to replace drive.
    you can try that,mine still does not work after all that messin gonna throw
    it in bin!

    "Shooter" wrote:

    > What driver do I replace apart from the firmware from maufacturers website?
    > What web sites?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "yabbadoo" wrote:
    >
    > > You say it won't read CD's - what about DVD's, do they work? If yes, then
    > > it's possibly a software/driver problem. If the darn thing won't read
    > > anything, replace it - that one's kaput.
    > >
    > > But - try a lens-cleaner CD first, might sort it out. (never known it happen
    > > yet on a totally "dead" drive, but, hope springs eternal!)
    > > Len.
    > >
    > > "Shooter" <Shooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hello
    > > >
    > > > Anyone out there able to come up with a solution to my DVD rewriter unable
    > > > to read any CDR/CDRW's. I have tried with troubleshooting DVD Rom's,
    > > > different media types, etc. DVD drive used to be able to read CDR/CDRW's
    > > > then
    > > > all of a sudden stopped. Tried in other PC, still the same. Updated
    > > > firmware.
    > > > DVD Rewriter: Samsung TS-H552B
    > > > Running winXP. Processor AMD 3500, 1GB Ram, 200GB HDD.
    > > >
    > > > Please help
    > > >
    > > > Thanks.

DVD DVD Drives Windows XP