DVD Rewriter Problem

January 29, 2005 9:47:02 AM

Hello

Anyone out there able to come up with a solution to my DVD rewriter unable
to read any CDR/CDRW's. I have tried with troubleshooting DVD Rom's,
different media types, etc. DVD drive used to be able to read CDR/CDRW's then
all of a sudden stopped. Tried in other PC, still the same. Updated firmware.
DVD Rewriter: Samsung TS-H552B
Running winXP. Processor AMD 3500, 1GB Ram, 200GB HDD.

Please help

Thanks.

More about : dvd rewriter problem

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 1:29:10 PM

Defective cd laser?

r.

"Shooter" <Shooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Anyone out there able to come up with a solution to my DVD rewriter unable
> to read any CDR/CDRW's. I have tried with troubleshooting DVD Rom's,
> different media types, etc. DVD drive used to be able to read CDR/CDRW's
> then
> all of a sudden stopped. Tried in other PC, still the same. Updated
> firmware.
> DVD Rewriter: Samsung TS-H552B
> Running winXP. Processor AMD 3500, 1GB Ram, 200GB HDD.
>
> Please help
>
> Thanks.
January 29, 2005 2:11:02 PM

Hi

It can not be a defective cd laser as it reads and writes DVD's and tries to
read CDR/CDRW's by flashing away but comes to stop after a while without
successful reading.

Any other suggestions please?

"namniar" wrote:

> Defective cd laser?
>
> r.
>
> "Shooter" <Shooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> >
> > Anyone out there able to come up with a solution to my DVD rewriter unable
> > to read any CDR/CDRW's. I have tried with troubleshooting DVD Rom's,
> > different media types, etc. DVD drive used to be able to read CDR/CDRW's
> > then
> > all of a sudden stopped. Tried in other PC, still the same. Updated
> > firmware.
> > DVD Rewriter: Samsung TS-H552B
> > Running winXP. Processor AMD 3500, 1GB Ram, 200GB HDD.
> >
> > Please help
> >
> > Thanks.

January 29, 2005 3:18:12 PM

they are different lasers.

> Hi
>
> It can not be a defective cd laser as it reads and writes DVD's and tries
> read CDR/CDRW's by flashing away but comes to stop after a while without
> successful reading.
>
> Any other suggestions please?
>
> "namniar" wrote:
>
>> Defective cd laser?
>>
>> r.
>>
>> "Shooter" <Shooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello
>> >
>> > Anyone out there able to come up with a solution to my DVD rewriter
>> > unable
>> > to read any CDR/CDRW's. I have tried with troubleshooting DVD Rom's,
>> > different media types, etc. DVD drive used to be able to read
>> > CDR/CDRW's
>> > then
>> > all of a sudden stopped. Tried in other PC, still the same. Updated
>> > firmware.
>> > DVD Rewriter: Samsung TS-H552B
>> > Running winXP. Processor AMD 3500, 1GB Ram, 200GB HDD.
>> >
>> > Please help
>> >
>> > Thanks.

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 9:55:53 PM

You say it won't read CD's - what about DVD's, do they work? If yes, then
it's possibly a software/driver problem. If the darn thing won't read
anything, replace it - that one's kaput.

But - try a lens-cleaner CD first, might sort it out. (never known it happen
yet on a totally "dead" drive, but, hope springs eternal!)
Len.

"Shooter" <Shooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Anyone out there able to come up with a solution to my DVD rewriter unable
> to read any CDR/CDRW's. I have tried with troubleshooting DVD Rom's,
> different media types, etc. DVD drive used to be able to read CDR/CDRW's
> then
> all of a sudden stopped. Tried in other PC, still the same. Updated
> firmware.
> DVD Rewriter: Samsung TS-H552B
> Running winXP. Processor AMD 3500, 1GB Ram, 200GB HDD.
>
> Please help
>
> Thanks.
January 29, 2005 9:55:54 PM

What driver do I replace apart from the firmware from maufacturers website?
What web sites?

Thanks

"yabbadoo" wrote:

> You say it won't read CD's - what about DVD's, do they work? If yes, then
> it's possibly a software/driver problem. If the darn thing won't read
> anything, replace it - that one's kaput.
>
> But - try a lens-cleaner CD first, might sort it out. (never known it happen
> yet on a totally "dead" drive, but, hope springs eternal!)
> Len.
>
> "Shooter" <Shooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> >
> > Anyone out there able to come up with a solution to my DVD rewriter unable
> > to read any CDR/CDRW's. I have tried with troubleshooting DVD Rom's,
> > different media types, etc. DVD drive used to be able to read CDR/CDRW's
> > then
> > all of a sudden stopped. Tried in other PC, still the same. Updated
> > firmware.
> > DVD Rewriter: Samsung TS-H552B
> > Running winXP. Processor AMD 3500, 1GB Ram, 200GB HDD.
> >
> > Please help
> >
> > Thanks.

January 29, 2005 9:55:55 PM

sorry for butting in but i seem to have the same problem,my liteon dvd
rw will play dvds but not cd's-won't even recognise them.
have uninstalled and reinstalled but to no avail,have been in contact with
liteon who advised me to install dvd drive in different pc/os and if it does
not work advise me to replace drive.
you can try that,mine still does not work after all that messin gonna throw
it in bin!

!