help please!! malfunction with keyboard and my computer ac..

i turned on my computer today and i found out that couldn't write any text on
my keyboard, and i kept restarting my computer over and over again and the
keyboard still wouldn't type. So is my keyboard hardware corrupted or what?
Please help me with this mysterious problem.
Also whenever i try to go on my computer, it takes so long to view all the
drives and i have to sit and watch a flashlight go back and foward searching
for files on my computer, can someone plz help me on tha to?

P.S. i typed this post on another computer since i couldn't type on my PC

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Do some simple troubleshooting first - like borrowing a keyboard and trying
that first.

"VTN" <VTN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i turned on my computer today and i found out that couldn't write any text
>on
> my keyboard, and i kept restarting my computer over and over again and the
> keyboard still wouldn't type. So is my keyboard hardware corrupted or
> what?
> Please help me with this mysterious problem.
> Also whenever i try to go on my computer, it takes so long to view all the
> drives and i have to sit and watch a flashlight go back and foward
> searching
> for files on my computer, can someone plz help me on tha to?
>
> P.S. i typed this post on another computer since i couldn't type on my PC

jerry: i tried that already and it still didn't work, the computer says that
the keyboard is "working properly" when it really isn't

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What kind of keyboard - USB or PS2? If you have one kind did you try the
other?