Blue Screen IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi

Frequently my computer restart and gives me a blue screen with one of two
messages:

stop 0x000000A

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

or

stop 0X000000D1

DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Portcls.sys

The steps I have taken so far to try to resolve the issue are

-Complete reinstallation of windows

-Fitted new CPU (& thermal pad/heatsink)

-Clear CMOS memory using jumper

-Set BIOS settings to Fail Safe Default

-All ms critical updates and drivers installed

-Updated all drivers

My system specs are:

OS: Windows XP Home SP2

MB: ABIT NF7-S

GC: ASUS V9290/TD (128Mb)

SC: SB Live 5.1

Modem: BT Voyager USB

BIOS: Award V6.00PG

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3000 (333Mhz)

Memory: 512Mb DDR400 PC3200

If you need any more info please let me know

I really hope you can help me

Gary

This seems to point to a USB Audio device? Is it working?

Gary wrote:

> Hi
>

> Frequently my computer restart and gives me a blue screen with one of two
> messages:
>

> stop 0x000000A
>
> IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
>

> or
>

> stop 0X000000D1
>
> DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
>
> Portcls.sys
>

> The steps I have taken so far to try to resolve the issue are
>
> -Complete reinstallation of windows
>
> -Fitted new CPU (& thermal pad/heatsink)
>
> -Clear CMOS memory using jumper
>
> -Set BIOS settings to Fail Safe Default
>
> -All ms critical updates and drivers installed
>
> -Updated all drivers
>

> My system specs are:
>
> OS: Windows XP Home SP2
>
> MB: ABIT NF7-S
>
> GC: ASUS V9290/TD (128Mb)
>
> SC: SB Live 5.1
>
> Modem: BT Voyager USB
>
> BIOS: Award V6.00PG
>
> CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3000 (333Mhz)
>
> Memory: 512Mb DDR400 PC3200
>

> If you need any more info please let me know
>
> I really hope you can help me
>

> Gary

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi Gary

i'm getting the same problem.

Why is windows error reporting so uhelpful?

I don't have any conflicts reported.

I did read that you should try turning off the pagefile, as it may happen
when memory writes to the disk or vice versa.

I too have changed just about everything in the system apart from the memory
so far.

Neil

"Gary" <toemagic@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>

> Frequently my computer restart and gives me a blue screen with one of two
> messages:
>

> stop 0x000000A
>
> IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
>

> or
>

> stop 0X000000D1
>
> DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
>
> Portcls.sys
>

> The steps I have taken so far to try to resolve the issue are
>
> -Complete reinstallation of windows
>
> -Fitted new CPU (& thermal pad/heatsink)
>
> -Clear CMOS memory using jumper
>
> -Set BIOS settings to Fail Safe Default
>
> -All ms critical updates and drivers installed
>
> -Updated all drivers
>

> My system specs are:
>
> OS: Windows XP Home SP2
>
> MB: ABIT NF7-S
>
> GC: ASUS V9290/TD (128Mb)
>
> SC: SB Live 5.1
>
> Modem: BT Voyager USB
>
> BIOS: Award V6.00PG
>
> CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3000 (333Mhz)
>
> Memory: 512Mb DDR400 PC3200
>

> If you need any more info please let me know
>
> I really hope you can help me
>

> Gary

Have you updated your Bios? If not, download and install.