K7N2 Delta is it dead

I have had a K7N2 Delta motherboard for about 4 months now and have had

Nothing but trouble ever since.

Now for the big one, I think it has died.

When I went to start it up the other day nothing happened, the monitor light

Kept flashing, hardrive led stayed on and no bios bootup, nothing not a
stitch.

Cleared the CMOS tried again and nothing.

Next the graphics card came out to be swapped with one out of a working

System, but still the same nothing, monitor light

Kept flashing, hardrive led stayed on and no bios boot up

With the case side off I then turned on the power only to find all the case
fans

And CPU fans all working. Also no audible beeps on start-up.

With exactly the same hardware I then changed the motherboard and everything

Started up fine.

So has this K7N2 Delta finally given up the ghost and died
5 answers Last reply
More about k7n2 delta dead

    On 6/6/2004 1:09 AM stu brightened our day with:

    >I have had a K7N2 Delta motherboard for about 4 months now and have had
    >Nothing but trouble ever since.
    >Now for the big one, I think it has died.
    >When I went to start it up the other day nothing happened, the monitor light
    >Kept flashing, hardrive led stayed on and no bios bootup, nothing not a
    >stitch.
    >Cleared the CMOS tried again and nothing.
    >Next the graphics card came out to be swapped with one out of a working
    >System, but still the same nothing, monitor light
    >Kept flashing, hardrive led stayed on and no bios boot up
    >With the case side off I then turned on the power only to find all the case
    >fans
    >And CPU fans all working. Also no audible beeps on start-up.
    >With exactly the same hardware I then changed the motherboard and everything
    >Started up fine.
    >So has this K7N2 Delta finally given up the ghost and died

    Take the motherboard out of the case and inspect it thoroughly, make
    sure there aren't any old standoffs or loose screws wedged in between
    the case and the motherboard causing shorts.
    Try using some different RAM or reconfiguring the RAM (remove a stick,
    try in a different slot etc...).

    --
    "I'm not made of money, we'll swim to Oakland"

    Steve [Inglo]
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    stu wrote:
    > So has this K7N2 Delta finally given up the ghost and died

    R.I.P.

    I had two Asus P4P800 Deluxe Rev.1.02 which died - suddenly, silently,
    unexpectedly (no O'C, no overheating).
    Still alive are my Asus P3B-F Rev.1.04, CUSL2-C Rev.1.02, P4P800
    Rev.2.0 - and my K7N2-L!
    (Touch wood;-)

    Roy
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    EL Roasto! Time for a RMA and maybe a CPU

    "stu" <stu@home.com> wrote in message
    > I have had a K7N2 Delta motherboard for about 4 months now and have had
    >
    > Nothing but trouble ever since.
    >

    > Now for the big one, I think it has died.
    >

    > When I went to start it up the other day nothing happened, the monitor
    light

    > Kept flashing, hardrive led stayed on and no bios bootup, nothing not a
    > stitch.
    >

    > Cleared the CMOS tried again and nothing.
    >

    > Next the graphics card came out to be swapped with one out of a working
    >
    > System, but still the same nothing, monitor light
    >
    > Kept flashing, hardrive led stayed on and no bios boot up
    >

    > With the case side off I then turned on the power only to find all the
    case
    > fans
    >
    > And CPU fans all working. Also no audible beeps on start-up.
    >

    > With exactly the same hardware I then changed the motherboard and
    everything

    > Started up fine.
    >

    > So has this K7N2 Delta finally given up the ghost and died

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Take the board out of the case and start building your PC just in front of
    you. Just connect powersupply, memory en graphics. And a keyboard offcourse.
    Reset the BIOS.
    If the board is really dead well, nothing can help anymore.

    Sorry for my bad english.

    Dirk

    "stu" <stu@home.com> schreef in bericht
    > I have had a K7N2 Delta motherboard for about 4 months now and have had
    >
    > Nothing but trouble ever since.
    >

    > Now for the big one, I think it has died.
    >

    > When I went to start it up the other day nothing happened, the monitor
    light

    > Kept flashing, hardrive led stayed on and no bios bootup, nothing not a
    > stitch.
    >

    > Cleared the CMOS tried again and nothing.
    >

    > Next the graphics card came out to be swapped with one out of a working
    >
    > System, but still the same nothing, monitor light
    >
    > Kept flashing, hardrive led stayed on and no bios boot up
    >

    > With the case side off I then turned on the power only to find all the
    case
    > fans
    >
    > And CPU fans all working. Also no audible beeps on start-up.
    >

    > With exactly the same hardware I then changed the motherboard and
    everything

    > Started up fine.
    >

    > So has this K7N2 Delta finally given up the ghost and died

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    > "stu" <stu@home.com> schreef in bericht
    > > I have had a K7N2 Delta motherboard for about 4 months now and have had
    > >
    > > Nothing but trouble ever since.
    > >

    > > Now for the big one, I think it has died.
    > >

    > > When I went to start it up the other day nothing happened, the monitor
    > light
    > >
    > > Kept flashing, hardrive led stayed on and no bios bootup, nothing not a
    > > stitch.
    > >

    > > Cleared the CMOS tried again and nothing.
    > >

    > > Next the graphics card came out to be swapped with one out of a working
    > >
    > > System, but still the same nothing, monitor light
    > >
    > > Kept flashing, hardrive led stayed on and no bios boot up
    > >

    > > With the case side off I then turned on the power only to find all the
    > case
    > > fans
    > >
    > > And CPU fans all working. Also no audible beeps on start-up.
    > >

    > > With exactly the same hardware I then changed the motherboard and
    > everything
    > >
    > > Started up fine.
    > >

    > > So has this K7N2 Delta finally given up the ghost and died

    Just out of curiosity, do any of the capacitors surrounding the CPU appear
    to be leaking or bulging at the top?

MSI-Microstar Motherboards