Blue Screen IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi

Frequently my computer restart and gives me a blue screen with one of two
messages:

stop 0x000000A
IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

or

stop 0X000000D1
DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
Portcls.sys

The steps I have taken so far to try to resolve the issue are
-Complete reinstallation of windows
-Fitted new CPU (& thermal pad/heatsink)
-Clear CMOS memory using jumper
-Set BIOS settings to Fail Safe Default
-All ms critical updates and drivers installed
-Updated all drivers

My system specs are:
OS: Windows XP Home SP2
MB: ABIT NF7-S
GC: ASUS V9290/TD (128Mb)
SC: SB Live 5.1
Modem: BT Voyager USB
BIOS: Award V6.00PG
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3000 (333Mhz)
Memory: 512Mb DDR400 PC3200

If you need any more info please let me know
I really hope someone can help me

Gary

Gary,

It looks like a hardware problem but I can't tell which one given the
information you've provided. I suggest you check the device manager and
make sure there's no yellow or red marks beside any devices. You should
also check your system information to see if there are any conflicts. To do
this, Start---Run--type in "msinfo32" without the quotes and it bring up a
system summary. Look into the hardware resources and components section for
errors/conflicts.

HTH,
Newtechie

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Frequently my computer restart and gives me a blue screen with one of two
> messages:
>
> stop 0x000000A
> IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
>
> or
>
> stop 0X000000D1
> DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
> Portcls.sys
>
> The steps I have taken so far to try to resolve the issue are
> -Complete reinstallation of windows
> -Fitted new CPU (& thermal pad/heatsink)
> -Clear CMOS memory using jumper
> -Set BIOS settings to Fail Safe Default
> -All ms critical updates and drivers installed
> -Updated all drivers
>
> My system specs are:
> OS: Windows XP Home SP2
> MB: ABIT NF7-S
> GC: ASUS V9290/TD (128Mb)
> SC: SB Live 5.1
> Modem: BT Voyager USB
> BIOS: Award V6.00PG
> CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3000 (333Mhz)
> Memory: 512Mb DDR400 PC3200
>
> If you need any more info please let me know
> I really hope someone can help me
>
> Gary

jgarvel

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009

Gary,

It looks like a hardware problem but I can't tell which one given the
information you've provided. I suggest you check the device manager and
make sure there's no yellow or red marks beside any devices. You should
also check your system information to see if there are any conflicts. To do
this, Start---Run--type in "msinfo32" without the quotes and it bring up a
system summary. Look into the hardware resources and components section for
errors/conflicts.

HTH,
Newtechie

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Frequently my computer restart and gives me a blue screen with one of two
> messages:
>
> stop 0x000000A
> IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
>
> or
>
> stop 0X000000D1
> DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
> Portcls.sys
>
> The steps I have taken so far to try to resolve the issue are
> -Complete reinstallation of windows
> -Fitted new CPU (& thermal pad/heatsink)
> -Clear CMOS memory using jumper
> -Set BIOS settings to Fail Safe Default
> -All ms critical updates and drivers installed
> -Updated all drivers
>
> My system specs are:
> OS: Windows XP Home SP2
> MB: ABIT NF7-S
> GC: ASUS V9290/TD (128Mb)
> SC: SB Live 5.1
> Modem: BT Voyager USB
> BIOS: Award V6.00PG
> CPU: AMD Athlon XP 3000 (333Mhz)
> Memory: 512Mb DDR400 PC3200
>
> If you need any more info please let me know
> I really hope someone can help me
>
> Gary

I see you have USB Modem, try removing your modems driver and see if it still reboots

You have replied directly to a post and poster from January 30th, 2005. The person is no longer on this forum. Read the date of the thread before posting and reviving five year old dead threads.