booberpuppy

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004
Ok. I have a real Problem. I'm playing Dark Age of Camelot and I've had a big problem recently. Often times when I'm doing something specific like going out of a dungeon or into one, placing items from my inventory into my house and other specific actions the entire computer will just reboot. I'd like to get this fixed because it's bothersome to have the computer reboot 10 times in one day in the middle of playing a game. My computer is on a Network shared DSL connection and one of the other computers on the network also plays DAoC. It is a similar computer but is a bit older and weaker. It never has this problem. I never had any problems with this until the New Frontiers patch about a month ago. I have tried Just about everything on the DAoC Knowledgebase so I'm open for anything else that might fix this problem.

Woodman

Distinguished
May 8, 2002
It might help if you stated your computer specs. Exactly when does the reboot happen, is it after every X minutes, or more or less random? It might be an overheating issue.

-----
I poo on you!

Tyvy

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2001
Well .... To find out the error... go here!@

Start\[right click] My Computer \ Properties\
Advanced Tab
Startup and Recovery \ Settings
Uncheck "Automatically Restart"

What this does is when your computer has an error and restarts.. it will hault the system at a blue screen... if this screen comes up, you can look at the exact error code and then do research on that.. could give you a file name or a 0x00000000 code of some sort... either way its something to try.

Also, Update vid drivers
Bios updates are always good
Direct X as stated
Sound driver updates

I played DAOC for 2 yrs on Lancealot and Kay... I had weird issues too sometimes.. but never crashing on zoning in and out..

Hope this helps ya bro!

<font color=green>P4 2.4c @ 2.8
Asus P4P800
MSI R9800 Pro 128
1Gb DDR 2700 [Dual Channel]
80Gb WD </font color=green>

<font color=red>"Fo'Shizel Dats a Niceizel Rigizel = Nice Computer! " </font color=red>