Aagh - Partitionmagic ate my MAME partition! :-(

I was just tring to resize/merge two partitoions so I had room for MAME 093
(and the 092 chds), so I left PartitionTRAGIC running overnight.
I checked my pc this morning...'fatal error' - bugger.
Does anyone know the best tool I might try to recover that data? Or has PM
in doing half the resize/move totally lost everything?

I guess this should really be posted in ibm.pc.iamamoron

Is Rockwaldo still a burner - are you out there Rocky?

How many DVDs does MAME need now, 8 ,9? Hurry up Blu-Ray!

Thanks for listening/any helpful suggestions.

A rather depressed and sulky,
Chris.
3 answers Last reply
More about aagh partitionmagic mame partition

    Chris wrote on 04. March 2005:

    > I was just tring to resize/merge two partitoions so I had room for MAME 093
    > (and the 092 chds), so I left PartitionTRAGIC running overnight.
    > I checked my pc this morning...'fatal error' - bugger.
    > Does anyone know the best tool I might try to recover that data? Or has PM
    > in doing half the resize/move totally lost everything?

    Heard goog things about parted, and resized an NTFS partition (shrink it)
    with ntfsresize and used fdisk to add further partitions with the space I
    gained. All under Linux. Took 30 minutes.

    [...]

    > Is Rockwaldo still a burner - are you out there Rocky?

    At least he's sometimes in the #tombstones chat channel at
    <irc://irc.foreverchat.net> (I wonder if this link works for at least
    some of you. ;-).
    --
    By(e) Andreas

    "Andreas Kohlbach" <ankman@email.com> wrote in message
    > At least he's sometimes in the #tombstones chat channel at
    > <irc://irc.foreverchat.net> (I wonder if this link works for at least
    > some of you. ;-).

    Thanks for the reply Andreas. I've emailed Rocky via the Tombstones
    website...fingers crossed!

    Thanks again,
    Chris.

    Worry ye not young man, your new disks were sent this morning, so hopefully
    you'll have the funky stuff back and running tomorrow..

    lets see partition magic kill 10 DVDs....:)

    cheers

    Get your *FREE* MAME Arcade and Console ROMsets burnt on DVD!
    http://home.clara.net/rockwaldo/tombstones/tombstones.html

    A proud member for over 4 years at:
    http://www.lazarus.org.uk and http://www.freemameroms.com

    Also why not join in the classic arcade game MAME competition.?
    http://www.tombstoned.co.uk

    "no" <no@no.com> wrote in message

    > "Andreas Kohlbach" <ankman@email.com> wrote in message
    >> At least he's sometimes in the #tombstones chat channel at
    >> <irc://irc.foreverchat.net> (I wonder if this link works for at least
    >> some of you. ;-).
    >
    > Thanks for the reply Andreas. I've emailed Rocky via the Tombstones
    > website...fingers crossed!
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Chris.

Partition Video Games