KT3 Ultra ARU memory ?

Help,

I just got my replacement MB from MSI becuase the AGP went out on the first
one. Now with the new one I get on the D-Bracket LED #2 green and the rest
red. I looked in the Users Guide and it says Memory Detection Test. So I
removed one of the DIMM (the 128MB DDR 333MHz PC2700) and still get the
same error. So I took out the 512MB and reinstalled the 128MB and still
the same error. So then I took on of the 512MB DIMM PC2700 from the other
machine (MSI KT7) and still the same error. I then installed both the 128
and the first 512 into the working system (KT7) and ran an extensive memory
checker for over 5 hours and get no errors.

So my question is the KT3 bad?

I have also swaped the AGP cards between both systems and all work
correctly. No other PCI cards are installed in the KT3. Only the primary
IDE drive is powered, the IDE cable pluged in, and jumpered to master.
I've also let the CMOS jumper on the clear data for over 24 hours.

So now what? Am I missing the obvious? Do I get to send this one back
also?

System:

KT3 Ultra-ARU
1.4GHz AMD Athlon
ThermalTake CPU Fan
1-128MB DDR 333 PC2700
1-512MB DDR 333 PC2700
600W PS
2 WD 80GB HD (both on primary channel)
1 OEM DVD Drive (seconday master)
1 3 1/2 FD
1 IBM 40GB HD raid-0 (not working yet, another projet)
Gigabyte AGP Card GV-R7064T (cheep but works great)
1 PCI network card
Using onbord Audio
D-Bracket
S-Bracket
USB 2.0 Bracket
Windows XP Pro SP1 and all updates as of May 15th. Also have Windows Server
2003 with all updates, and Mandrake Linux 10.0. Mandrake is on the other
80GB HD.

This is just my play machine to try other things with. Would like to set up
on my LAN as a file server after moving my 2 120GB HDs from another system.

Thanks,

Tex-Hogger

This happened to me recently. Turned out it was a dead cpu. Best wishes.

neopolaris

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 01:15:14 -0400, "neopolaris" <.> wrote:

>Tex-Hogger wrote:
>
>> I just got my replacement MB from MSI becuase the AGP went out on the
>> first one. Now with the new one I get on the D-Bracket LED #2 green
>> and the rest red. I looked in the Users Guide and it says Memory
>> Detection Test. So I removed one of the DIMM (the 128MB DDR 333MHz
>> PC2700) and still get the same error. So I took out the 512MB and
>> reinstalled the 128MB and still the same error. So then I took on of
>> the 512MB DIMM PC2700 from the other machine (MSI KT7) and still the
>> same error. I then installed both the 128 and the first 512 into the
>> working system (KT7) and ran an extensive memory checker for over 5
>> hours and get no errors.
>>
>> So my question is the KT3 bad?
>>
>> I have also swaped the AGP cards between both systems and all work
>> correctly. No other PCI cards are installed in the KT3. Only the
>> primary IDE drive is powered, the IDE cable pluged in, and jumpered
>> to master. I've also let the CMOS jumper on the clear data for over
>> 24 hours.
>>
>> So now what? Am I missing the obvious? Do I get to send this one
>> back also?
>>
>> System:
>>
>> KT3 Ultra-ARU
>> 1.4GHz AMD Athlon
>> ThermalTake CPU Fan
>> 1-128MB DDR 333 PC2700
>> 1-512MB DDR 333 PC2700
>> 600W PS
>> 2 WD 80GB HD (both on primary channel)
>> 1 OEM DVD Drive (seconday master)
>> 1 3 1/2 FD
>> 1 IBM 40GB HD raid-0 (not working yet, another projet)
>> Gigabyte AGP Card GV-R7064T (cheep but works great)
>> 1 PCI network card
>> Using onbord Audio
>> D-Bracket
>> S-Bracket
>> USB 2.0 Bracket
>> Windows XP Pro SP1 and all updates as of May 15th. Also have Windows
>> Server 2003 with all updates, and Mandrake Linux 10.0. Mandrake is on
>> the other 80GB HD.
>>
>> This is just my play machine to try other things with. Would like to
>> set up on my LAN as a file server after moving my 2 120GB HDs from
>> another system.
>>
>> Tex-Hogger
>
>This happened to me recently. Turned out it was a dead cpu. Best wishes.
>
>neopolaris

It happened to me back in february/march too; LEDs said memory -
turned out the cpu was fried - I'd try another if you can borrow one
or get a new one cheap...

You probably could run a 3000+ in this MB; my 2500+ runs fine at
175MHz FSB. If you don't need the extra cpu power get the lowest
number available, or the max of what your HSF will take.