too many starting programs

Hi All,
Through Everest I have found that there are too many useless
programs/processes that start with my PC, how to manage and eventually
prevent this programs to start with my PC?
Thanks.
The Undertaker
3 answers Last reply
More about starting programs

    Are you sure that they are all useless?.. programs in the notification will
    have been installed by you, and can be disabled using the program
    properties.. right click on each icon and look for
    properties/preferences/options..

    Are any of the programs causing problems.. if not, why do you see a need to
    stop/disable them?..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "The Undertaker" <chrispak9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > Through Everest I have found that there are too many useless
    > programs/processes that start with my PC, how to manage and eventually
    > prevent this programs to start with my PC?
    > Thanks.
    > The Undertaker

    try run> msconfig> startup

    be sure that what your disabling isn't something you need.

    I would like to stop some of them because the Windows launching has become
    slower and slower.
    Thanks
    The Undertaker

    "Mike Hall" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Are you sure that they are all useless?.. programs in the notification
    will
    > have been installed by you, and can be disabled using the program
    > properties.. right click on each icon and look for
    > properties/preferences/options..
    >
    > Are any of the programs causing problems.. if not, why do you see a need
    > stop/disable them?..
    >
    > --
    > Mike Hall
    > MVP - Windows Shell/user
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "The Undertaker" <chrispak9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi All,
    > > Through Everest I have found that there are too many useless
    > > programs/processes that start with my PC, how to manage and eventually
    > > prevent this programs to start with my PC?
    > > Thanks.
    > > The Undertaker

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP