Undeleting a partiton

I have Windows XP Home Edition W/SP2......I also have a 120gig HD partitoned
in a 80gig which is my main drive and a 40gig drive......i recently did a
clean install of windows xp but I accidently deleted my 40gig partiton how
can i get that back without possibly having to reinstall all over
again.....please help

LeeJend

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2005

The data isgone but you can split the existing partition or create
another partition from free space using Partition Magic.

If you still have the free space you can just create another partition
from it using the Windows disk manager.
Right clcik my computer - select manage -select disk management under
storage. A window opens to the side showing your disks and partition
info. From here you can reformat existing partitions or make new ones
from free space.

--
LeeJend
LeeJend's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=212

Just google something like 'data recovery tools' and you get a lot of useful
links.

See similar thread here:
IN BIG BIG TROUBLE! PLEASE HELP!

28 Jan 2005: 13:31

--
####################
## PH, London
"lonewolf036" <lonewolf036@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows XP Home Edition W/SP2......I also have a 120gig HD
>partitoned
> in a 80gig which is my main drive and a 40gig drive......i recently did a
> clean install of windows xp but I accidently deleted my 40gig partiton how
> can i get that back without possibly having to reinstall all over
> again.....please help

bar

Spend the money and buy Partition Magic or else spend the time and backup all
your files and then FDISK and re-install all the software enviornment from
scratch

"Philip Herlihy" wrote:

> See similar thread here:
> IN BIG BIG TROUBLE! PLEASE HELP!
>
> 28 Jan 2005: 13:31
>

> --
> ####################
> ## PH, London
> "lonewolf036" <lonewolf036@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Windows XP Home Edition W/SP2......I also have a 120gig HD
> >partitoned
> > in a 80gig which is my main drive and a 40gig drive......i recently did a
> > clean install of windows xp but I accidently deleted my 40gig partiton how
> > can i get that back without possibly having to reinstall all over
> > again.....please help

Too late! Once you have "written" to the hard drive, after erasing a
partiton, it is highly impossible to "recover" any "eraseed partitions".